A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Contact Circuit/Control Unit question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I'm about to order the ebay unit.

1. Can you confirm this module controls the passenger seat? (No one has given a definitive yes or no).

2. Will this be a "plug and play" install or will I need it coded? A friend thought installing a new [read: ebay] unit would cause a no-start condition.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Hello Bob,

No I can not confirm that it supplies power to the seat, BUT it is only $10 and free shipping, so go for it.

Yes it should be plug and play, and no it should not cause a no start issue as it is NOT the KESSY module located on the left hand floorboard.

Do you have a Ross-tech cable, if not where in NW NJ are you, I am in Montgomery, but my travels take me to Green Brook, Watchung, Warren, Bedminster, Tewksbury, Flemington, Holland Township, so if you need help with scan and or coding should that scenario arise, and being that the vehicle now runs, we could meet if you need help.

Originally Posted by bob_man
Alright, I'm about to order the ebay unit.

1. Can you confirm this module controls the passenger seat? (No one has given a definitive yes or no).

2. Will this be a "plug and play" install or will I need it coded? A friend thought installing a new [read: ebay] unit would cause a no-start condition.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ordered!

Giovanni, thanks for the offer. I do not have a cable. Let me see what happens when the part arrives.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bob_man
Yes, there was water on the module but it wasn't submerged, so I am hoping for the best. Does the "Onboard Power Supply module" control the passenger power seat? I can't seem to find a list of its functions.

Hello Bob,
Any update, also here is some information for the seat circuit breakers, and no they are not resettable if they have burned, usually they will just kick-out and reset when cooled, but if they have constant overload form water shorting by the seat, it will be fried....

Attached Thumbnails Door Contact Circuit/Control Unit question-capture-seat-cb.png   Door Contact Circuit/Control Unit question-s-l1600kkkjjj.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Control Module/Passenger Power Seat

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for following up. I ordered the control module for $10 and tried it yesterday - no luck. So here is the interesting part: I just realized that the seat moves using the memory buttons on the passenger door, so I was able to finally move it into a usable position. (I don't believe there were previously any presets in the memory - all four buttons just seem to randomly move the seat.) However, none of the direct control buttons on the seat itself work.

I guess the good news is the motor is operable, so should I still be hunting down the relays and fuses? Could it still be the module or a different one? To that end, here is a pic of the fuse/relay panel in my right/passenger footwell. The component picture which I found seems to correspond to my panel, whereas yours is on the driver's side. The image is confusing so I added the orientation.

Any ideas on what to try next? I'm baffled that the memory buttons give me movement while the seat buttons do not.

Thanks,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Door Contact Circuit/Control Unit question-img_20161203_172420.jpg   Door Contact Circuit/Control Unit question-img_20161211_121053.jpg