A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

floormat clip part numbers......?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floormat clip part numbers......?

Hi all.
The part number I have for one side of the clip Is 8E0 864 523 (PA 6.6) and is black in color. This is item number 27 in the diagram from Jim Ellis Audi.
Does anyone have any idea on the item #28 in the diagram? That would be the top cover for the clip, I am lookimg for this in black as well.
I had a friend from Germany bring over some custom embroidered "S8" mats. They do not have any holes or clips, but are marked for the clip area. I need to get these installed.
thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I need a number 5 (the anchor which screws into the floor/carpet) in beige for an'04 in case anyone's in that neighborhood in the parts catalog.

My Passat's dealer didn't bother putting them in in the back, and one is way off in front, causing the mat to have a huge hump. So I need some of those in beige too (five at least). It's a '98 - has the round attachments.

Sorry for the thread hijack WW!
-Tom
Old 06-19-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

'Twould be nice to have all the part numbers for the clips and the anchors in the carpeting too. One of my driver's side clips has pulled loose of its mooring and I'd like to replace it.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Jim Ellis Audi site lists many numbers but nothing conclusive. The part listing next to the diagram seems incomplete or just not listed properly. I'd hate to pull one of these two parts in half, breaking them when all I need is a part number to order them. I tried entering the part number into another Audi parts supplier and did not even get a result.

http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/pro...3011E-8A6.html

Last edited by 1Wasserwerks; 06-19-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added web link
Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 576 Likes on 482 Posts
Default Parts search: a primer for Audi parts/EKTA in general

I use Jim Ellis at times, but it is tedious and incomplete on various part #'s.

Try here instead, the Euro "free" EKTA site. A lot better than the old Russian site stuff with the translation hacks. Here is the main page: http://www.partscats.info It disappears sometimes, but so far has stayed up the last year or two.

More specific to your question, the "floor page" with the part #'s: http://www.partscats.info/audi/en/?i...ent_id=1597722

From my experience, various things to know:

1. Just because it's there, it may not be available. Some of this stuff never got to the USA parts catalogs, some of it has been superseded in part #, and some of it was just plain never offered except as part of a larger assembly. 95% of the time it works for me though.

2. Watch the motor and trim codes. They are embedded in some of the pages in the notes column, and of course lots of motors weren't sold here. Sometimes on the W12 for example (our code BSB), I just have to use the Euro W12 motor code as a proxy. The trim codes are often at the end of the part #. If you come up blank when you enter it into a US dealer site like AudiUSAParts, Genuine Audi, Jim Ellis, etc, it may be an issue w/ the trim code. I just e mail with AudiUSAParts, describe what I want, give them the part # I have and let them look more. They have my VIN on file and then usually find it--typically that trim code or a superseded part #. I have focused my parts business pretty much with them and have a working relationship now; important when you get into tiny bit/trivia stuff for a parts counter to want to spend time on it.

3. Some pages show a part, and maybe a reference # (for example, #25), but nothing is there for it at the parts # level. In that case it may be on another overlapping screen/page--cooling lines connected to the motor, suspension bits bolted to subframes or body, etc., fuel and ignition parts relative to the engine, intake, etc.

4. Since it allows you to work by part #, I then have the AudiUSAParts screen open with the part search field (Here for example: http://audiusaparts.com/parts/index.cfm?siteid=215820; click through two screens or so to your year and model) Then I can see if the # is good and what the price is; they have most all the parts if you search that way, but only a modest percentage of them are in their illustrations (without part #'s) if you try to search by their categories. Genuine Audi Parts uses the same set up and software. Only Jim Ellis has that "closer to EKTA" stuff (which involves a lot more license $$ apparently); but Ellis has those tedious micro sized index pages, and a site that seems to lose your car identification every time you back up to the index page You can use the part # with ECS Tuning too, and sometimes I Google it if I am drawing a blank. Likewise eBay if used will do.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 06-19-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
I use Jim Ellis at times, but it is tedious and incomplete on various part #'s.

Try here instead, the Euro "free" EKTA site. A lot better than the old Russian site stuff with the translation hacks. Here is the main page: http://www.partscats.info It disappears sometimes, but so far has stayed up the last year or two.

More specific to your question, the "floor page" with the part #'s: http://www.partscats.info/audi/en/?i...ent_id=1597722

From my experience, various things to know:

1. Just because it's there, it may not be available. Some of this stuff never got to the USA parts catalogs, some of it has been superseded in part #, and some of it was just plain never offered except as part of a larger assembly. 95% of the time it works for me though.

2. Watch the motor and trim codes. They are embedded in some of the pages in the notes column, and of course lots of motors weren't sold here. Sometimes on the W12 for example (our code BSB), I just have to use the Euro W12 motor code as a proxy. The trim codes are often at the end of the part #. If you come up blank when you enter it into a US dealer site like AudiUSAParts, Genuine Audi, Jim Ellis, etc, it may be an issue w/ the trim code. I just e mail with AudiUSAParts, describe what I want, give them the part # I have and let them look more. They have my VIN on file and then usually find it--typically that trim code or a superseded part #. I have focused my parts business pretty much with them and have a working relationship now; important when you get into tiny bit/trivia stuff for a parts counter to want to spend time on it.

3. Some pages show a part, and maybe a reference # (for example, #25), but nothing is there for it at the parts # level. In that case it may be on another overlapping screen/page--cooling lines connected to the motor, suspension bits bolted to subframes or body, etc., fuel and ignition parts relative to the engine, intake, etc.

4. Since it allows you to work by part #, I then have the AudiUSAParts screen open with the part search field (Here for example: http://audiusaparts.com/parts/index.cfm?siteid=215820; click through two screens or so to your year and model) Then I can see if the # is good and what the price is; they have most all the parts if you search that way, but only a modest percentage of them are in their illustrations (without part #'s) if you try to search by their categories. Genuine Audi Parts uses the same set up and software. Only Jim Ellis has that "closer to EKTA" stuff (which involves a lot more license $$ apparently); but Ellis has those tedious micro sized index pages, and a site that seems to lose your car identification every time you back up to the index page You can use the part # with ECS Tuning too, and sometimes I Google it if I am drawing a blank. Likewise eBay if used will do.
Wow, thanks for the links (and advice), MP.
Bookmarked.

-Tom
Old 06-20-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

MP yes thanks for the links. Didn't think to look there for the parts. Ended up going with the 8e0864523 (B41 satin black) and 8e0864521 (4pk soul black). Ordered a few extra just in case, they were amazingly enough, under $1 per piece. I'll throw up some pictures of the mats once I get them installed.
Thanks everyone!