A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a Perfect A2DP Bluetooth Music Solution, NO AMI required!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you power the blackberry box ?

It requires a mini usb power source-- right ?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Greekss
how do you power the blackberry box ?

It requires a mini usb power source-- right ?
Yea thats the only thing I still need to figure out. Right now its plugged into the cigarette lighter with a cable going into the glove box. It doesn't look to bad but something even cleaner looking would be better if someone had an idea
Old 07-07-2013, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does this option have a microphone? If my phone is linked to the car stereo with Bluetooth it will read incoming texts. If this option allows the use of a microphone, I could reply to them by speaking. Also, when using the phone's search features, it's handy just to speak to tell it what I'm looking for. Does this Bluetooth setup offer any sort of microphone that would allow that?

-Josh
Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost98
Yea thats the only thing I still need to figure out. Right now its plugged into the cigarette lighter with a cable going into the glove box. It doesn't look to bad but something even cleaner looking would be better if someone had an idea
Couldn't you just get something like this:
http://r.ebay.com/2RlKj9

And run it over to an empty fuse port on that side panel on the passenger side?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nathanwind

I thought about that but I didn't know if it's a bad thing to have too many items running off the fuse box?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought about that but I didn't know if it's a bad thing to have too many items running off the fuse box?
Asking as there's an open port (ie you're not piggybacking on an existing blade fuse powering something else) it's absolutely no problem at all. I haven't pulled the panel to see if there are any open slots, but if so have at it.

I just ordered the above parts (the CD changer AUX & Blackberry Bluetooth module) so I'll be tackling this myself once the parts arrive, and may pull the fuse panel cover beforehand to check into it as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tapped into the CD changer power leads and then ran a lighter plug for the glove box. I then used the lighter plug to USB for power. This worked perfectly. This way you can have dual USB if you need them (on lighter plug).
Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The device will not reconnect.to Galaxy S2 or S4 phone

I've tested it outside the car and it works great except that if the device is turned off either by touching the 'button' or unpowering it, when it's turned back on the bluetooth connection is lost. It remains paired, but I have to go back into my phone's bluetooth settings and hit 'connect'.

I don't see an 'auto-connect' option on the phone. I seem to remember that when I paired my phone with the car's telephone system. Am I missing something?

If I let the Blackberry device on, when I bring the phone back into range, it works fine.

Do you think letting it on and powering it from un-switched power is a good option? It appears the little device draws very little power and shouldn't cause the car's battery to go dead any faster than it normally would given the other electronics which stay alive when the car is off.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you Ghost. Now I enjoy streaming audio

I already had the Dension gateway 500 to control my iPOD. It has audio aux inputs. I connected the Blackberry device to the aux and powered it from the Dension's USB port. Works GREAT and audio quality is very good.

The Dension is powered from switched voltage, so when I shut off the car it and the Blackberry loses power.

Upon startup, my Galaxy S2 autoconnects to the car's phone bluetooth, but not the Blackberry. On the phone I need to go into bluetooth and connect it manually.

PROBLEM SOLVED. I installed a program from the PLAY store called "Bluetooth AutoConnect. Works like a charm.

The only minor issue is that while I'm streaming Pandora, and I make a call from the MMI, the voice on the other end sounds a bit scratchy and garbled. Not bad enough to bother me, but I notice that it's there.

All in all, this is a great solution for me. I really wanted to listen to Pandora in the car.. and now thanks to your post I can.

Best regards,
Old 07-17-2013, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nathanwind

Tap your power from the cigarette lighter socket - it's closer and uses a 10A or better fuse - plenty of power!

Originally Posted by MikeNSX
The only minor issue is that while I'm streaming Pandora, and I make a call from the MMI, the voice on the other end sounds a bit scratchy and garbled. Not bad enough to bother me, but I notice that it's there.
The Phone connecting to both BT's? It may have trouble with that, or is spreading resources on limited bandwidth (bluetooth doesn't have much)

Last edited by twentysevenlitres; 07-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Found a Perfect A2DP Bluetooth Music Solution, NO AMI required!