A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end drops

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

This seems fairly textbook. Leaky driver's side strut. If I were you, I would avoid driving it at all. It sounds like the leak is substantial enough that burning out your compressor will happen quickly. It's not designed with constant running in mind, and you will cost yourself more money putting it off. But, I do repeat information posted by others.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so now after going thru a few light pot holes i herad a loud "hizz" noise and the front end is completely down, the compressor keeps running but will not go back up, both lights on the dash keep blinking together at the same time...
Could one blown strut cause the the while front end to be down?
For some reason im thinking some pressure hose or something like that popped, possible?
Old 05-22-2016, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Have read or understood anything that's been posted?

I fear you are beyond helping....
Old 05-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Have read or understood anything that's been posted?

I fear you are beyond helping....
Just putting out there whats happened to see if its happened to anyone to maybe pin point my problem, no need for that comment guy.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Digimurda1
Ok, so now after going thru a few light pot holes i herad a loud "hizz" noise and the front end is completely down, the compressor keeps running but will not go back up, both lights on the dash keep blinking together at the same time...
Could one blown strut cause the the while front end to be down?
For some reason im thinking some pressure hose or something like that popped, possible?
Hello Digimurda1,

I do not want to come off as rude, BUT did you even bother to read the posts others made here, NUMBER 1 of most importance "If I were you, I would avoid driving it at all. It sounds like the leak is substantial enough that burning out your compressor will happen quickly. It's not designed with constant running in mind, and you will cost yourself more money putting it off. But, I do repeat information posted by others".

But instead you drive it and drive it through some "POT HOLES".....

Stop driving the vehicle and fix it, if you are not mechanically inclined find someone who is, OR keep driving it and burn out the compressor and do more damage, do YOU not understand that the vehicle was staying up while you were driving the vehicle because the compressor is working overtime to keep it up because of the leak, did you really think it was normal operation for the compressor to run "every 45 seconds or so", it is not.

You asked for help, you were given answers, but did nothing and continued to drive, there is no magic wand here, YOU have to act on the information people have taken their time to give YOU.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Hello Digimurda1,

I do not want to come off as rude, BUT did you even bother to read the posts others made here, NUMBER 1 of most importance "If I were you, I would avoid driving it at all. It sounds like the leak is substantial enough that burning out your compressor will happen quickly. It's not designed with constant running in mind, and you will cost yourself more money putting it off. But, I do repeat information posted by others".

But instead you drive it and drive it through some "POT HOLES".....

Stop driving the vehicle and fix it, if you are not mechanically inclined find someone who is, OR keep driving it and burn out the compressor and do more damage, do YOU not understand that the vehicle was staying up while you were driving the vehicle because the compressor is working overtime to keep it up because of the leak, did you really think it was normal operation for the compressor to run "every 45 seconds or so", it is not.

You asked for help, you were given answers, but did nothing and continued to drive, there is no magic wand here, YOU have to act on the information people have taken their time to give YOU.

👍🏽
Old 05-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

👍🏽
???
Old 05-22-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts
Default You can lead a horse to water....

Just putting out there whats happened to see if its happened to anyone to maybe pin point my problem, no need for that comment guy.
You've come on here asking for help/advice on a very common problem that you couldn't even be bothered to search for. People have still given the help/advice you need and told you what the problem is. You have clearly ignored it all, so wasted everyone's time, and made your problem much worse as a direct result.

And you're surprised that you're getting short shrift?

My advice to you now is that you need to take the car to the dealer. They will do a fine job of fixing it for you.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, i did not ignore any of the advice, as for parking it to not make matters worse i just couldnt because its my daily driver and had no other way to get to and from work, I appreciate all the advice ive gotten, i really do, i only posted the message from today as an update to the front end completely being down with the compressor still running, to see if there has been any history of leaks elsewhere other than the strut with my simptons.
Again sorry, not here to annoy anyone and appreciate all the help.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Please post the fix when it's done...

This will be a great post for the next person to learn 'never underestimate the power of a little leak in Audi suspension, don't own A8 D3 as the only driver'.

Cheers,
Louis

Quick Reply: Front end drops