A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got me another new to me D3 with a rare exclusive interior package

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to the green machine?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Crisis3
What happened to the green machine?
Well I found out after I bought it that it's been in an accident and the whole car has been repainted. Nothing didn't come up on the autocheck report and I've seen a little bit of overspray on the trim and the lights but not noticeable. Actually they did a really great job repainting it. I'm thinking it's been hit on the passenger front fender because it has a brand new caliper, tire, and rotor and a different fender. Also a new hood was put on there because all of the emissions tags were not there and has a used bumper cover on it. But the title was clear. The worst of it that did it for me was that it was been smoked in a little and there was a burn hole on the pass side seat, and on both passenger A Pillar trim pieces. The accident stuff did bother me but the smoking thing bothered me the most. They put some kind of odor eliminator in the car so there was some smell cover up in it. My current black one is all original and the interior is like new and smells natural like new. I did take a decent loss on the green one but I was glad to get rid of it and this one I have is a 1000 times better so I don't regret it one bit. The only thing I don't care for on this one is the light Mojave sand interior but it finally grew on me because it also has a alcantara headliner. So I promise this will be my last D3 for a while because it's hard to find with these options I have and the shape it's in and I can't afford to take anymore losses.

Last edited by 2k6blacka8; 06-17-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2k6greena8
Well I found out after I bought it that it's been in an accident and the whole car has been repainted. Nothing didn't come up on the autocheck report and I've seen a little bit of overspray on the trim and the lights but not noticeable. Actually they did a really great job repainting it. I'm thinking it's been hit on the passenger front fender because it has a brand new caliper, tire, and rotor and a different fender. Also a new hood was put on there because all of the emissions tags were not there and has a used bumper cover on it. But the title was clear. The worst of it that did it for me was that it was been smoked in a little and there was a burn hole on the pass side seat, and on both passenger A Pillar trim pieces. The accident stuff did bother me but the smoking thing bothered me the most. They put some kind of odor eliminator in the car so there was some smell cover up in it. My current black one is all original and the interior is like new and smells natural like new. I did take a decent loss on the green one but I was glad to get rid of it and this one I have is a 1000 times better so I don't regret it one bit. The only thing I don't care for on this one is the light Mojave sand interior but it finally grew on me because it also has a alcantara headliner. So I promise this will be my last D3 for a while because it's hard to find with these options I have and the shape it's in and I can't afford to take anymore losses.
Let me know when you get tired of it, I'll sell you my '07
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Great find. I love my W12 interior. She looks like she is in great shape inside and out. Enjoy.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TSHong
Great find. I love my W12 interior. She looks like she is in great shape inside and out. Enjoy.
Yes it is. What color is your interior?? Mine kinda looks like a W12 interior color.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes it is. What color is your interior?? Mine kinda looks like a W12 interior color.
Mine is black on black 4 seat configuration with gray alcantera headliner. My D2 had a black interior and I like the darker interior. I am a paraplegic and I beat my interior up with my whellchair, so black does a good job for that.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well thank you. This is my 4th and Last D3 within a year. I'm no stranger to it as you can see in my sig lol.
4th within a year? Wow! Let's hope you found the right one this time. It looks beautiful and I've never seen an interior like that unless it was a W12. Very nice.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love the interior - nice pickup.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike141
4th within a year? Wow! Let's hope you found the right one this time. It looks beautiful and I've never seen an interior like that unless it was a W12. Very nice.
Thank you. I have the poor mans cheap version of the W12 look and definitely can't afford the W12 or the insurance on it. The 4.2 is loaded enough and still more than plenty fast for me. The one I have is the very first time and only time ever I've seen an exclusive interior option and like I said it's rare. It was mainly driven by an older lady for the past 8 yrs and she and her husband traded it in on a 2014 Mercedes CLS 550.