A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got t boned in the S8 today by an 18 wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got t boned in the S8 today by an 18 wheeler

5 minutes from the jobsite this morning I was t boned by an 18 wheeler that ran the stop sign. I have no idea how fast he was going, but he spun me right around and my car flew over the ditch landing nose first on the grass. The front seems a bit bent. The front fender gap on th epassenger side is off now, rear passenger wheel broken and twisted axle. All the coolant pissed out of the rad, curtaina nd side bags went off. The truck driver was charged

This god damn car never even had a stone chip and full service history right from new. This really pisses me off. I'm guessing it's a write off

Old 06-22-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you're alive and I hope you're OK after going through this incident. I feel bad for you regarding your damaged S8.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

!!! holy crap man. that sucks big time, glad you are ok. but...the car though!!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

For sure written off. Looks like (was) a nice S8. Where is this - north of Miss?

PS I grew up on the lake in Clarkson..
Old 06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So sorry friend...

...but I'm glad you are OK. Must have been scary as it was all going down. Did you see it coming?
Old 06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Geesh, this was a nice car and it's my favorite color. I know your pain, I had a 88 5.0 flawless mustang from 16 until 25. U worked near the ambassador bridge, it was taken away from me in similar fashion by a semi running a light. By then it wasn't even my DD anymore, all I could think was why.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't see it until it was too late, then all I saw was grill in my passenger windows

My rental car just got dropped off to my house. A nice turbo V8, adaptive cruise, massage seats, and nightvision. Should be fun racking up 200km per day on someone elses car. Apparently these are only available to insurance companies for people who ding up their higher end sedans. They told me these can't be rented for people to use.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I've had a couple close calls that way, catching somebody looking like they're going to blow the sign, stopping with my nose in the intersection only to have them darn near take it off before the suspension even has time to settle, eyes glued to their phones or that stupid panicked look when they realize too late how bad they messed up. I'm very sorry to hear that happened to such an exemplary S8. It looks repairable(depends on how much underneath that rear got pushed around,) but at dealer rates it'll exceed what insurance will repair. I hope I'm wrong, it'd be good to get it back on the road. I don't know how long it'll take you to find the right one again or will you use this as an opportunity to get something else?
Old 06-22-2016, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren Coogan
I didn't see it until it was too late, then all I saw was grill in my passenger windows

My rental car just got dropped off to my house. A nice turbo V8, adaptive cruise, massage seats, and nightvision. Should be fun racking up 200km per day on someone elses car. Apparently these are only available to insurance companies for people who ding up their higher end sedans. They told me these can't be rented for people to use.

I am glad you are OK. I really loved my A8 but this rental may show you the way.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That makes me sad. Sorry man- that was a beautiful car.

Quick Reply: Got t boned in the S8 today by an 18 wheeler