A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight

Hey! I have bixenon headlamp without corneren light and with 21w drl bulb. I want to change lamps to bixenon with halogen high beam (halogen and xenon high beam at the same time) and use fog light as drl. Where can i buy these headlamp! How can i program vcds to use fog lamp as drl? Sorry my English!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amoz@live.no
Hey! I have bixenon headlamp without corneren light and with 21w drl bulb. I want to change lamps to bixenon with halogen high beam (halogen and xenon high beam at the same time) and use fog light as drl. Where can i buy these headlamp! How can i program vcds to use fog lamp as drl? Sorry my English!
IT is a 2007 a8 d3
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

2005 A8 (North American market) has those lights. New ones are very expensive. Old ones are very old. Besides that harnesses and control module are different. It looks like almost impossible task. But if you somehow manage to do it VCDS program DRL to Canada and your fog lights will become DRL.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Led bar

Originally Posted by mishar
2005 A8 (North American market) has those lights. New ones are very expensive. Old ones are very old. Besides that harnesses and control module are different. It looks like almost impossible task. But if you somehow manage to do it VCDS program DRL to Canada and your fog lights will become DRL.
Ok.so i did not look like that was an option for more light. Other option is to add a led bar. Can i use the blue wire in the headlight Connector as an trigger for the relay. Like on my late skoda octavia or it different when you have bixenon. Or do i need a can box to tap into the canbus.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok.so i did not look like that was an option for more light. Other option is to add a led bar. Can i use the blue wire in the headlight Connector as an trigger for the relay. Like on my late skoda octavia or it different when you have bixenon. Or do i need a can box to tap into the canbus.
I don't have schematic here but I believe that just triggering a really won't be any problem.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
I don't have schematic here but I believe that just triggering a really won't be any problem.
Ok .tank you mishar!
Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

mishar! I did find your pdf with wiring of the headlamp, i measured with a multimeter on wires 3 and 4 on headlamp connectors i found nothing! Icould not get any reading when i measured the volts.

The second question is , where can i acess the comfort can bus too connect CANM8 CANNECT HIGHBEAM or equal can adapter?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

mishar! I did find your pdf with wiring of the headlamp, i measured with a multimeter on wires 3 and 4 on headlamp connectors i found nothing! Icould not get any reading when i measured the volts.

The second question is , where can i acess the comfort can bus too connect CANM8 CANNECT HIGHBEAM or equal can adapter?
I needed to find the convience can bus. And connect the canm8 cannect highbeam. The can wire was easy too fins. It was found at the right side in passende side footwell in the black wiring "box" with some extra Length on it.
made the wiring throught to the front of the engine right sideand connected it to the relay. Relay Power was takene from the starter motor.
now the hella bar workshop beatifull.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If you headlight bulbs are original, I would change them to Nightbreakers. That should give you oddles of light. I have found that the added 21 watts of halogen is pointless. DRL are also pointless in the USA. They have not improved traffic safety.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I

Originally Posted by richard-tx
If you headlight bulbs are original, I would change them to Nightbreakers. That should give you oddles of light. I have found that the added 21 watts of halogen is pointless. DRL are also pointless in the USA. They have not improved traffic safety.
I live in norway. I have used the Phillips extreme vision xenon bulbs. And i also need to clean the lenes in the xenon headlamp. They have a milky layer on them.
please do not add personal opinion on these threads. They are ment too help People with issues on our a8 4e

Quick Reply: Headlight