A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed pricing car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Hello Louis,

How have you been, I was watching your fog light video and caught your home video with family dinner, you have a beautiful family, it's nice to see a dad at the dinner table!!!

As far as the Bentley, I completely broke the vehicle down to the shell, cleaned every crevice and all surfaces, even waxed the firewall, I have issues, I sealed and painted interior as shown, and I am replacing the complete wiring harness, every module, front seat frames, switching red leather onto new seat frames, so every piece of electronics from trunk to outside of firewall, all the window regulators and modules, I have even added soft close doors, it will have push start/stop advanced key also, and power open/close trunk, all the things a 05 did not have, it's been slow, but I will have it right, PLUS I had to find and completely break down the parts car, and I mean break down every piece, as all un-needed parts have or are being sold, I sold the rear clip (body shell), door panels, spare and jack with tool kit and more, soon I will have my parts for free, well almost.......

Johnny J J
Wow could you post more pics? Why did you get the wrecked one, I don't totally follow the build there.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by halik
Wow could you post more pics? Why did you get the wrecked one, I don't totally follow the build there.
Hello Halik,

She went for a little dip in Sandy,

the two pics you see in post 6 are of the condition when I got it home, the seller who let it sit in his shop for nine months swears that he touched nothing, besides cleaning it, and that his mechanic confirmed that the engine turned over freely by hand, the only problem with that statement is that there was no way at all for me to check that as the front end must be pulled to access crank pulley, SO when I got it home to work on and started making a module parts list, I did the engine oil/filter, batteries, and really was wondering why nothing at all worked, except for the overhead lighting, so I pulled the rear seats, all trim off console, removed door panels, side panels of rear seat area, and GUESS WHAT, every module, window motor/regulator, speaker, etc. was gone, and every plug to the console and dash, even the radio, etc. were unplugged, what happened was the seller got in over his head (his words) and let the vehicle sit for nine months, BUT never pulled the coils and plugs, so the moron left the flood water in the cylinders and seized the engine, some of the coils still had water over the spark plug, he then claimed "Oh that was from all the power washing when I had it professionally cleaned inside and out", and it looked beautiful inside and out, even the engine, it looked like the vehicle had very minimal damage, I mean I could not find any sign of water, except a very faint water line below the brake pedal, the brake lights and head lights are pristine, BUT when I pulled the nose off it was very clear the none of the pulleys ever turned since the flood as was evident by the sediment on the serpentine belt at every pulley, so I knew then what I had to do, and that this guy was just a liar plain and simple, he then said that I was basically calling him a liar, because to him it was okay to advertise that it turns over freely by hand even though that was now he claims 8 1/2 month before he decided to sell it, I will be into the car for 40% of what a clean title sells for, and mine has 10348 miles, and the parts car 17051 miles, and it will be with me or my son, so I am not in this to make money, it's my hobby, and this vehicle will have all 2007 heart and veins, and I mean everything, even the tire pressure sensor antennas, VAC pump, suspension compressor, everything, with the 2005 body and interior, I am retaining the Hotspur interior.

Johnny J J

PS.

Here's a picture from when the Baller's vehicle crashed through the wall, passenger broke an arm and driver pretty much okay, lots of blood in the seats though.....
I have his basketball team picture in the trunk along with a tie and socks, oh and a soap on a rope........
Attached Images      

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 06-19-2015 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that's a lot of work! Nice job!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow that's a good story, did you get any money from the seller? Sounds like a total *******.

Also any pics of the parts car interior?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

PM Sent
Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default you're amazing car restorer... I can't wait to see when it's done

I haven't missed any family dinner at home except when I was on business trips. We're lucky to have jobs that don't require working late.
You must have a ranch or something to store all these parts.

Cheers,

Louis