A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Fix Dash Board LED indicator panel lights out - 1A Fuse Blown

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default How To Fix Dash Board LED indicator panel lights out - 1A Fuse Blown

OK, last SAT we went out, it was cold and my kids couldn't see the heated seat dial because the lights were out, I noticed the front dash indicator panel lights are out also. Sunday, start to open it up. Read here and there, it's the 1A fuse and <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/shorted-switch-lights-2831582/">JJA6Q way of fixing it the right way</a>, remove the arm rest and fix the wire. I wasn't in the mood. I troubleshot the wiring and found the culprit connector, disconnected just like someone did on here somewhere. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to disconnect the darn connectors, so I show it here how to remove them too. Pictures do help... It's beautiful with all the lights are on, I didn't even know how nice the cup holder LED is when it's ON.

Cheers,

<a href="http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/how-to-fix-a8-d3-dash-led-indicator-lights-out.html">Louis</a>

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 02-04-2016 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Louis,

Great video, I can hear the happiness !!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Hello Louis,

Great video, I can hear the happiness !!

Yea, it was amazingly beautiful. The best part was 'it worked'.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Louis,

I got some 1 amp fuses yesterday to see if I could get mine working. I'm thinking mine is shorting out as there was no fuse in the 29 slot when purchased. Hope its one these connectors as this seems easier than taking arm rest apart. I'll post my results.

Also really liked your trunk closure mod. I really want to try that one but have to wait till I get the trunk to open by its self. Older style motor and it needs assistance to open. (Like many others)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Audi Gods have shined their light on me today. I put a fuse in the empty 29 position, " Then there was light". It's a beautiful thing!!

Last edited by Pointman911; 02-03-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Guessing fuse was removed because it was blowing for previous owner. Probably an intermittent short due to chaffed wires in the armrest(s) by the pivot point. If you never move them you might be OK.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some springs will help the trunk...

Originally Posted by Pointman911
Thanks Louis,

I got some 1 amp fuses yesterday to see if I could get mine working. I'm thinking mine is shorting out as there was no fuse in the 29 slot when purchased. Hope its one these connectors as this seems easier than taking arm rest apart. I'll post my results.

Also really liked your trunk closure mod. I really want to try that one but have to wait till I get the trunk to open by its self. Older style motor and it needs assistance to open. (Like many others)
The trunk was designed with flaws, it doesn't matter if you bought the new one, it will go in time. I used <a href="http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/how-to-fix-weak-trunk-motor-from-lifting-audi-a8l.html">the springs and it's been working since</a>...
Old 02-08-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
The trunk was designed with flaws, it doesn't matter if you bought the new one, it will go in time. I used the springs and it's been working since...
I put in the new style motor almost a year ago and it has been flawless.

You could try removing the tow eye from the toolkit. A few have reported that the removal of that weight solved the problem.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
OK, last SAT we went out, it was cold and my kids couldn't see the heated seat dial because the lights were out, I noticed the front dash indicator panel lights are out also. Sunday, start to open it up. Read here and there, it's the 1A fuse and <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/shorted-switch-lights-2831582/">JJA6Q way of fixing it the right way</a>, remove the arm rest and fix the wire. I wasn't in the mood. I troubleshot the wiring and found the culprit connector, disconnected just like someone did on here somewhere. Pictures do help... It's beautiful with all the lights are on, I didn't even know how nice the cup holder LED is when it's ON

<a href="http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/how-to-fix-a8-d3-dash-led-indicator-lights-out.html">Louis</a>
I bought my A8L back in December and had no clue that there were any lights out until I saw this thread.

When you leave one of the connectors unplugged I assume that whatever is now unplugged stops working? What would that be?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crai6m4ck
When you leave one of the connectors unplugged I assume that whatever is now unplugged stops working? What would that be?
That would be the lights in both armrests if you unplug both, or which ever one you unplug.

See https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...2831582/page2/

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 02-08-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: How To Fix Dash Board LED indicator panel lights out - 1A Fuse Blown