Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 274227

Default i get my car back, finally

if anyone remembers, about a month ago my car went into the shop with a blow passenger side front strut and its just kept getting problems after problems. over the course of the month, ive replaced the strut for $300, the steering rack and pinion for $150, the driver side spindle for $90, and the air ride control module behind the glove box for $80.

most of the month went into downtime such as finding the parts and what not but i finally get it back tomorrow afternoon and havent been this excited to drive it since i got it (although i havent owned it for very long).

i feel like i got a pretty good deal on every part that i bought. i took the strut off of my friends parts car a8, bought the rack and pinion from a junk yard in new jersey, found the spindle on ebay for pretty cheap, and the module i found on craigslist from a guy parting his 2006 a8.

the guy parting his a8 also has amaretto interior. i would take it off his hands since i love that color for the inside, but his doesnt have massage seats and i just dont want to give mine up.
dmum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 274227

i noticed that everytime i turn the car off and get out, the compressor airs out. is that normal?
dmum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 110923

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmum93 View Post
i noticed that everytime i turn the car off and get out, the compressor airs out. is that normal?
Yes, adjustment needed because weight was removed from car.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 184447

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmum93 View Post

the guy parting his a8 also has amaretto interior. i would take it off his hands since i love that color for the inside, but his doesnt have massage seats and i just dont want to give mine up.
Would you mind sending me a PM with his number? I need Some amaretto stuff. Thanks

tashakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement