A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i know another stinking led ?

Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know how to check the bulb . if they are low power as you say why would the drivers side bulb be working.all of the bulbs were working prior to me hooking up the stuff you sent.the bulb we are talking about was initialy working when I first hooked up the stuff to it then quit.also I am not getting any power from the + wire I hooked up to the bulb making me think a fuse has blown or something else stopping power to the bulb?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

There is no fuse at all, when the system senses an open, it will not produce electrical power to the socket. Put back the original bulb, the power will come back.
I had the problem with the parking light also when I put a 3ohm load, it didn't turn on until I put 50 ohms with ptc, then it came back on.
For the parking bulbs, just put back the factory bulbs, they will work, it will reset itself just like the license bulb.
Please take the pictures of every thing you do so we can track what can go wrong. Right now I don't know if you splice the wires yet after you tested and they worked? What's been done after the tests?
Old 12-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

everything is finished and hooked up. I did the passenger side first tapped into the drl wires I ran 1 -wire and 1 +wire from drl.then I ran 1 + wire from parking bulb routed the wires along engine bay put 1 drl module you sent with 1 parking light module the gold ones.hooked the -wire running from drl on car to both -on the modules you sent then hooked the bigger ones +wire to positive wire coming from drl on car then hooked the orange +wire from smaller module to positive wire coming from parking lights all of this was housed in a small electrical box just the way you showed in your pics everything worked fine. I then did the same thing for drivers side. passenger side and drivers side are housed in 2 separate boxes 1 for each side ].that's when I noticed the passenger side parking light had quit working. so on each side I have 3 wires running from lights to the parts you sent 2 positive and 1 negative set up in 2 different boxes 1 each side of car I donot have any pics because everything is put back together I will get some asap. 1 thing I do remember I did on passenger side parking light was I had power running to the bulb when I hooked the positive to the module it did not come on so I unhooked it tourned off power in car waited a few minutes hooked the wires backup then turned power on to them then it started working. I then started working on the drivers side that's when the parking light on the passenger side quit
Old 12-12-2013, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I think the passenger side bulb or wiring is loose or something. Can you switch the bulb between the passenger and driver. You may kill the bulb when you hook up with the power on.
- So the DRL is OK, just the parking light passenger side is dead? The driver side works with both bulbs?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes drivers side both bulbs work passenger side only parling light bulb is out. I am going to start checking everything tomorrow . recheck all my slices and connections and make sure everything is nice and tight.use the 12 volt tester to make sure I am getting power where it needs to be hopefully I will figure it out.