A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LLTEK RS8 Grill - Any experience here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LLTEK RS8 Grill - Any experience here?

I sent their sales team email some questions. I believe this might be my only option for a direct replacement of the Stock S8 grill. I am looking for a License plate delete black honeycomb grill.

Any experience with this grill? - http://www.lltek.com/LZ/html/afterma...i-a8-s8-d3.htm

Any other options?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

interesting... It really costs like $20 in materials to make the mesh grille if you have the frame, because I know someone who did it on an A6, looks legit
Old 03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that grill...not worth the money though...just get a new car
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dripppps
I love that grill...not worth the money though...just get a new car
New car $80k plus. New grill $800 - 1% seems like a good deal to tide me over another 2-3 years for a new S8 to hit the market.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

FYI

Whatever you do, don't buy the grill from LLtek. I had mine snap during install and their not offering to replace.The problem is it isnt fiberglass its a pure resin mold. And they were so cheap they didnt even vaccum mold it or vacuum out the bubbles from the resin after mixing it up. For $800 its a POS and the guys at LLtek tell me its High quality and im the only one with this issue and tried to put the blame on me. Offered to sell me a new one at a discounted rate. As you can see from my car I am fairly self sufficient. Installed all parts myself, including new front CV joints, rotors and pads, lowering links, plugs and packs, and Milltek exhaust. Frustration is I thought they were legit, Yeah you drop real money for good quality product and have your competence questioned when an issue arises due to poor craftsmanship? GTFO

LLtek products are outsourced TRASH

TooSeetla on another forum has had great success working with Hofele, you show them what you want and they will build it for you! I only wish I would have found out about this earlier!

Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jake Musser
FYI

Whatever you do, don't buy the grill from LLtek. I had mine snap during install and their not offering to replace.The problem is it isnt fiberglass its a pure resin mold. And they were so cheap they didnt even vaccum mold it or vacuum out the bubbles from the resin after mixing it up. For $800 its a POS and the guys at LLtek tell me its High quality and im the only one with this issue and tried to put the blame on me. Offered to sell me a new one at a discounted rate. As you can see from my car I am fairly self sufficient. Installed all parts myself, including new front CV joints, rotors and pads, lowering links, plugs and packs, and Milltek exhaust. Frustration is I thought they were legit, Yeah you drop real money for good quality product and have your competence questioned when an issue arises due to poor craftsmanship? GTFO

LLtek products are outsourced TRASH

TooSeetla on another forum has had great success working with Hofele, you show them what you want and they will build it for you! I only wish I would have found out about this earlier!

That is REALLY disappointing. I had always thought of LLTek as a solid company, but your experience would certainly seem to prove otherwise
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bmwm750
That is REALLY disappointing. I had always thought of LLTek as a solid company, but your experience would certainly seem to prove otherwise
Sorry to see this did you sent them the picture so they can see it themselves?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

yes, pictures were provided as well as detailed explanation of what happened. I was informed that it must be my fault and I did something wrong. Was informed it could have been due to painting the product prior to pre drilling, I dont understand this at all. Was also told I should have had a professional install (questioning my competence? Im driving an S8 here LLtek not my dads A4.....)

I was informed I need to understand I broke the part and am liable not the manufacturer. Understand that I used the screws they provided and the hole I screwed into was a pre drill from LLtek. I was using a hand philips driver NOT a screw gun and was not over tightening. However it apparently is STILL my fault.

Their amazing customer service option was to have me pay an additional $133 PLUS $85 for shipping for them to send me another Bezel. This would put my total cost at $1,080 plus painting for their grill that snapped during install. What a JOKE!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jake, that F'ing sucks completely. I had thought these guys had decent products, but it doesn't appear that way. The customer support sounds horrible also. At least the grille looks good on your car.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and those photos sure as hell tell a story.....very poor quality product....

Quick Reply: LLTEK RS8 Grill - Any experience here?