A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering links mistake

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering links mistake

Good morning all

I made the mistake of purchasing the lowering links from OEM plus and of course the ride quality is terrible. My mechanic threw away the stock links? Does anyone know the stock order part?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you go here you can narrow it down to the parts you need. Audi Parts - OEM Audi Parts Online direct from Jim Ellis Audi Parts
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kelechipharmd
Good morning all

I made the mistake of purchasing the lowering links from OEM plus and of course the ride quality is terrible. My mechanic threw away the stock links? Does anyone know the stock order part?

Thanks
Why don't you just lift your car to an acceptable height/ride quality using those links you have?

OEM links only come as a parts of sensors.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kelechipharmd
I made the mistake of purchasing the lowering links from OEM plus and of course the ride quality is terrible.
Just to clarify... the ride is terrible because of the lowering links, not the supplier/manufacturer, correct ?
Old 09-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jehu, so glad to see another d3 s8 owner here in Atlanta area. In general I have been ok with Jim Ellis here (Cobb Parkway, 41) but their parts dept doesn't discount in general and I am questioning some of their service knowledge on S8's. What's your experience?

So I don't hijack the thread , I ordered the lowering links from a different supplier in UK but have not installed yet as I may decide to lower using VAG Com instead. If I do the Vag lowering, I will have the links available which may be better.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dcc1433
Jehu, so glad to see another d3 s8 owner here in Atlanta area. In general I have been ok with Jim Ellis here (Cobb Parkway, 41) but their parts dept doesn't discount in general and I am questioning some of their service knowledge on S8's. What's your experience?

So I don't hijack the thread , I ordered the lowering links from a different supplier in UK but have not installed yet as I may decide to lower using VAG Com instead. If I do the Vag lowering, I will have the links available which may be better.
I'm also glad to see other Atlanta D3 owners here on the board. My experience with Jim Ellis on Cobb has been poor. They took over a month to get a lower radiator hose for my W12. We use Jim Ellis on Peachtree Industrial at our shop and we have much better luck with their parts department.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just keep the car on comfort mode and keep the links. I am confused why the ride is bad
Old 09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BASARAB
Just keep the car on comfort mode and keep the links. I am confused why the ride is bad
The ride is bad because he lowered it too much.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have someone go in with vcds and raise it 10mm
Old 09-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dcc1433

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, I just use the site sometimes to source part numbers then google the part number.

Quick Reply: Lowering links mistake