A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor annoyances with my '07 A8

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minor annoyances with my '07 A8

I have a few items I'm trying to take care of A8.

1: I'm missing the front cigarette lighter element. The rear element behind the armrests is still there. Is this the same part as the front element? I think I've found the lighter on ebay, at least it appears to be the same as the rear lighter.

2: A few of my rubber car mats appear to be missing the top inserts that clip on the post that enters the map from the bottom. Can these be ordered?

3: Both armrest compartments seem to be missing their latches. If I swing either arm rest vertical, the covers flop back to the rear. How much of the armrest has to be replaced to have these latching again.

4: Has anyone found a good paint to repaint the switches where the black has chipped off. Is seems on my driver side door lock/unlock switch it is just the "black" portion of the switch that has chipped. I though with a steady hand, I might be able to touch up the black.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default I need number 4

Originally Posted by SS_RTR
I have a few items I'm trying to take care of A8.

1: I'm missing the front cigarette lighter element. The rear element behind the armrests is still there. Is this the same part as the front element? I think I've found the lighter on ebay, at least it appears to be the same as the rear lighter.

2: A few of my rubber car mats appear to be missing the top inserts that clip on the post that enters the map from the bottom. Can these be ordered?

3: Both armrest compartments seem to be missing their latches. If I swing either arm rest vertical, the covers flop back to the rear. How much of the armrest has to be replaced to have these latching again.

4: Has anyone found a good paint to repaint the switches where the black has chipped off. Is seems on my driver side door lock/unlock switch it is just the "black" portion of the switch that has chipped. I though with a steady hand, I might be able to touch up the black.
Seen viyl wrap and decals mentioned. But the drivers door lock/unlock has lost half the black finish.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

1. I believe they are same, but you can check that yourself. Just plug one that you have in the front ashtray.

3. eBay and salvage yards must have the whole thing in your color. Replacing is easy.

4. I still have to try but I believe any paint dedicated for plastic should do the trick. Important part is that steady hand.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ended up moving the rear lighter to the front and plugging my phone charger in the rear and routing it under the arm rests.

I also ordered the floor mat clips from the dealership (less than a dollar each).