A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI/RADIO NOT WORKING PLZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Let us know how that Aux Jack install goes as well.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no ideal what happens but last night I press the power button and held it down for about 10 maybe 15 seconds now everything is working like its supposed to I have no idea what happened or what I did but I'm glad it did just hope it stays on now
Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Glad you got it working... all Audi cars have gremlins...

Things don't just die over night. Audi builds reliable cars, just they're temperamental, need to massage them sometimes... :-)

Cheers,

Louis
Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

well my good friends it went back out been out for about a week now still no luck on whats going on with it
Old 06-02-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To me, it would be worth paying the $300 to purchase the VCDS tool to get my music back.

But, I also love listening to the sound of the exhaust as well....
Old 06-02-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc_A8
To me, it would be worth paying the $300 to purchase the VCDS tool to get my music back.

But, I also love listening to the sound of the exhaust as well....
If you can afford to own a D3, you should have the money set aside to buy a VCDS
Old 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If you take it to the dealer and he says that the MMI needs to be replaced, I would like your broken one to experiment with.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

well I'm back again and its still not work I took it to the shop and got a diagnostics and it check out that a need a new amp/tuner and has to be programmed to the vehicle I had if I can get a used one and I was told no they said you can program a use to another car is this true?
Old 06-03-2016, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by D-nice Lee
well I'm back again and its still not work I took it to the shop and got a diagnostics and it check out that a need a new amp/tuner and has to be programmed to the vehicle I had if I can get a used one and I was told no they said you can program a use to another car is this true?
Yes it can.
It's component protection.
Install used one
It will work with reduced functions.

Wheel by your super friendly Audi dealer and tell him you need component protection removed. has to be connected to the mother ship at Audi Germany.
I would keep receipt of the new used part as they may ask for proof of purchase.
If your Audi dealer gives you the run around go to another.
Or just plead ignorant and say something is wrong with the radio and let them scan the car and they should the cp active.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D-nice Lee
bro the problem is the MMI controller. mines was doing that and I changed it and presto it stopped..... then I cleaned the old one and presto it start working but you need to take it apart to clean it... I have also done a few for friend and my shop customers

but you can double check.... remove the MMI controller.... you will need to remove the screw under the ash tray... remove the center console fascia thats just the wood grain finished part, you will see a plug under the controller..... unplug it as soon as the radio turns on and it will stay on, no controls though except the steering wheel.... you can also unplug it before, just press the screen open button on the dashboard and the radio will resume the last position.... once it stays on.... dismantle the controller and clean it.... not for the fainted heart.....

you can thank me later, the toothbrush and card wont work, because the button is sticking deep inside.... you will need to carefully removed the button retainers from the back, then all the buttons will fall out (dont worry they can ONLY fit back in one way, then you can clean around them properly, I usually just soak them in warm soap water for an hour with all the electronics removed including the large rotary ****.... then sun/room dry for like 3/4 hrs then use the air machine or let room dry longer, reassemble then trust me the MMI control feel like a brand new toy....

See photos

Last edited by Shamoye Lewis; 06-04-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: MMI/RADIO NOT WORKING PLZ HELP