A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorized rear blind

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
I am glad you managed it. I was afraid you are going to brake the other one in the process. They are so fragile. Specially as they are getting older.
Thanks for your confidence:-) It would have been very easy to break the other one - I figured if it happened I was in no worse of a position. The shade would have just been broken more!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom, I am right near you in Eden Prairie. I also think you should buy the newer manuals because mine only go to 04 . My software seems to cover up through 03 pretty well, but the 04 and newer is almost bare. I have Vag-com if you ever need it.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmhjgh
Tom, I am right near you in Eden Prairie. I also think you should buy the newer manuals because mine only go to 04 . My software seems to cover up through 03 pretty well, but the 04 and newer is almost bare. I have Vag-com if you ever need it.
Thanks - cool to have another on the forum so close. I have the VAG as well but haven't used it on my 07 yet. I need to update it - it is on an old laptop that I need to plug in.

I will look into getting the Bentley - I am assuming that is who still does the manuals. Would love to see your ride someday. There is another forum member from the D2 board who is Eden Prairie - I have not met him but I believe he has an S8 - that's 3 within a stone's throw.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3rd local is Ron Woods. I met him a few years ago, and he is a regular contributor on the other D2 forum. I bought my 04 out of state with higher miles but good service records. Not as clean as I had anticipated. Another local purchased my D2 and also lives in Eden Prairie.
Have a great 4th. Jeff
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has there been any progress on the idea of re-manufacturing aluminium tabs to replace the annoyingly fragile plastic ones!

Regards,
Karl

I am glad you managed it. I was afraid you are going to brake the other one in the process. They are so fragile. Specially as they are getting older.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

No yet. Our CNC machine is working full time for customers. Have to wait for a gap.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here they are:

All aluminum and, compared to original, indestructible. It takes about 30 minutes to change them, but it is back there in quite confined space. Tools needed: small cordless drill, 1/8" drill bit, small Philips screw driver, pop rivet tool, assistant to press the button, bring bear and wipe sweat from your forehead and some patience.

If you are interested PM me.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here they are:
Did you say we get free beer with every order ?

Thank you my friend for taking the time todo this for us.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

By all means. Come to Vancouver and you will get barbecue too.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bear?

Here they are:

All aluminum and, compared to original, indestructible. It takes about 30 minutes to change them, but it is back there in quite confined space. Tools needed: small cordless drill, 1/8" drill bit, small Philips screw driver, pop rivet tool, assistant to press the button, bring bear and wipe sweat from your forehead and some patience.

If you are interested PM me.
What's the bear for? Is he the one that brings the beer? ( Sorry, I couldn't help myself).

Do you think that these clips work on rear shades in other vehicles (e.g. my mom's Lexus has a broken rear shade that I should repair)?

Quick Reply: Motorized rear blind