A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new D3 Toy Pics!!(Very Rare Color, Must See!!)

Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new D3 Toy Pics!!(Very Rare Color, Must See!!)

Well folks after having transmission woes with my 05, I decided to dump that hunk of lemon for reasonably cheap. Even after putting a transmission in it it'll still leave a bad taste in my mouth so I figured it's better off I'd wash my hand on it. Didn't want to throw a trans in there so I figured its better to have a different car in the long run with the same money what I would have in my 05 with the used tranny installed.

I just bought a 2006 Cambridge Green/Black-Amaretto A8L with only 88K miles and it's a 2 owner car from Boston/PA. I flew there and drove 9.5 hrs back and I just got home. The noticeable minor problem that doesn't work is the parktronic won't work. The light just blinks when it tries to activate. I can't find it in the VAG-Com. What's the most common problem with that? What module is it under??

Other than that it's a super super clean car and not a scratch on it. I've never seen a green one in person until now and to be honest that's my favorite color which is number one. Of course black is my second choice but everybody has it.

I just figured I'd share the pics also and hope you guys enjoy.

Here are some pics of it:
Attached Images      
Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice! I too have an 06 with the amaretto interior and think its the best looking interior for the D3 (IMHO). That green is rare alright and its so dark that I bet at night it looks like a black car.

A guess on the parktronic would be to check the connections at the bumbers. Is it possible the bumpers were removed (painted) for re-sale prep? If so, it could be as simple as they didn't re-connect properly. Sorry can't help you on the VAG-com, others may know.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I really like that color. Amaretto goes absolutely best with it.

Module you are looking for is [76] Parking Aid and it is in the trunk left side.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Green has been a popular color in the 90s... Nice

My 96 A6 is green. I always like the Amaretto interior until I found my car with all the options and the price is great, favorite Amaretto turned into Black when the owner dropped from 22k to 17k (after a month of talking by emails).

Nice car, but for some reasons, you seem to refuse buying a perfectly working car?

Cheers and hope this one works out for you,

Louis
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice color. The car looks to be in fantastic shape. Good luck with it and do share some interior pictures if you get the chance.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful, now buy my 20" S8 wheels to slap on there and you'll be all squared away!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
My 96 A6 is green. I always like the Amaretto interior until I found my car with all the options and the price is great, favorite Amaretto turned into Black when the owner dropped from 22k to 17k (after a month of talking by emails).

Nice car, but for some reasons, you seem to refuse buying a perfectly working car?

Cheers and hope this one works out for you,

Louis
Hey it's a used car man. Nothing is perfect. I rather deal with that than a bad transmission lol. Other than that everything else works as it should, runs and shifts smooth. This one will work out.

Thank you mishar. I tried looking for it but I think I was too tired from the driving. What do you think the most common problem with the parking aid? When I was filling up for gas on my way back I got some compliments on it.

Last edited by 2k6blacka8; 02-01-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Scan should point you to the right direction. It is not complicated system, but if some wires or harnesses are bad it can involve bumper removal.

Are you changing your nick to 2k6greena8?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride, I've never seen an A8 that color. My park assist does same thing right now, but speaker will give a high pitch beep at first. I have 1 bad sensor, just waiting for weather to break to fix. Put the park assist on, then go around to all the sensors outside the car, if no access to vag com, the one that is NOT making the slight clicking nixies is the bad one. I think you speaker might be shot as well. Good Luck!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Scan should point you to the right direction. It is not complicated system, but if some wires or harnesses are bad it can involve bumper removal.

Are you changing your nick to 2k6greena8?
Yea actually I will if that screen name is not taken and I gotta change my sig too whenever I get to it lol. You know how that goes.

Yea I'm going to go out today and scan it and I will report back anycode(s). Thank you again. That big grille is starting to grow on me now. Another thing that has changed for the 06 is that it has advanced airbags meaning that the pass airbag is off all the time unless someone sits in the seat when they're over a certain weight and the when the parktronic activates a screen comes on the MMI. That's all I can think of for the 06 model year changes unless there's something else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new D3 Toy Pics!!(Very Rare Color, Must See!!)