A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner (2008 S8)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner (2008 S8)

Hello AudiWorld,
Please allow me to introduce myself to you all. My name is Bryan but online you will find me as Hannibal. I do most of my posting on S2Ki.com as I am big Honda Fanboy and own an 2005 Honda S2000 in Sebring Silver on Red. You will also find me over at LamboPower.com because my best friend owns a few lambos and likes to hang out there.

I don't do many forums but a recent purchase has brought me out of the dark and caused me to sign up and start posting over here. For years I have loved Audi and have lusted after a D3 A8L. I constantly found myself torn between the W12 A8L or the V10 of the S8. Multiple times back home in the USA I came close to pulling the trigger and never did. Maybe the car was the wrong color, maybe it has the trunk fridge but no B&O system or the miles were to high....etc.

Fast forward to this summer and my work has taken me to the middle east and I know live in the UAE (Abu Dhabi to be specific). My family is in a great financial position and this led to us deciding to "splurge" a bit (some would say ball on a budget" and we bought a 2008 Audi S8.

I am a sucker for silver on red cars and when I saw this one pop up on dubizzle I knew I needed to add it to my collection. Thanks to stalking this forum and others during my years of waffling I felt comfortable making this purchase and jumping headfirst in to Audi ownership. Special thanks to MP4.2+6.0 and Mishar for making me feel comfortable. I have never chatted with you guys but constantly seeing your names pop up here in the D3 section and reading your technical posts led me to choose AudiWorld over any of the other Audi forums.

Now on to the details!

2008 Audi S8 with the Exclusive package (Red Leather Interior with Aluminum and CF Trim), B&O Sound System and CCBs.
65k KMs
95k AED purchase price

I thought the car was a fair price given the market over here, the miles, the condition and the fact that I must have a red interior! Some of the plastic trim pieces are a bit beat up and the leather in a few areas can use a HEAVY conditioning but the paint and the wheels are flawless. Of course in the 72 hours I have owned the car the driver's side tweeter is stuck up, the passenger's is stuck down, the rear sunshade decided to go down and not come back up and the power trunk doesn't man to close. (I blame the VW Diesel scandal for these maladies)

I plan on taking the car to my local Audi deal to get a fresh set of fluids and filters as well as the 40k mile service. I also plan on asking them to quote me a price to fix those issues mentioned above. That being said I plan on tackling the speakers and the rear sunshade myself based on research on this forum. Same goes for the trunk once I have some time to search around for potential fixes.

Enough words...enjoy a few quick pics!
Attached Images      
Old 10-10-2015, 02:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Whoa, I scrolled down and that is definitely a red interior. Not my cup of tea but that is one clean car. Congrats and I hope you and the family get years of enjoyment out of it
Old 10-10-2015, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!
I've always liked silver over black/red, let us know how the CCB feel.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Darren Coogan
Whoa, I scrolled down and that is definitely a red interior. Not my cup of tea but that is one clean car. Congrats and I hope you and the family get years of enjoyment out of it
Aw man I LOVE IT! Thanks for the compliments...really appreciate it.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks man! The CCBs bite HARD once they bite. I still haven't really wrung her out yet with either pedal. I will get some more pictures and videos up soon.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow never seen a red interior in these before--I like it! Congrats
Old 10-10-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman
Wow never seen a red interior in these before--I like it! Congrats
I've seen it once before on an S8 in the States. I was searching through ads on Dubizzle over here and literally jumped out of bed when I got to the 4th picture and saw the red interior. I emailed the seller right away and he called me back within a minute of me viewing the ad.

Then it took 3 weeks to close the deal thanks to waiting on my paperwork to clear here in the UAE.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

Welcome! Interiors are personal choice, but likewise I look these days for "something special." On current D4's it seems like a sea of black anytime I look. Fewer than 1:100 are some flavor of Audi Exclusive.

Good to bring it back to snuff on the little items early on and then enjoy, plus maintenance you mention.

B&O speaker issues well known. There was an early TSB on it. Fix is straight replace of (unfortunately) the whole speaker unit on each side. On rear shade, just try pulling on it right after you push the button. I find that can free up sometimes balky mechanism. Trunk: first just lubricate all hinge points. If no go, probably a new motor and maybe new hydraulic struts; you can also try the little spring loaded push pins if issue is only getting it to lift first half inch or so.

At your miles/kms check brakes too. If not done already, probably needs brake pads soon; rotors probably good for this change cycle.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 10-10-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome...Wow great price for such a low mileage car (39k u.s. miles I take it) with ceramics and B&O. The red on silver looks awesome and I see full leather on the dash as well. All for close to wholesale....Nice!!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangirz
Welcome...Wow great price for such a low mileage car (39k u.s. miles I take it) with ceramics and B&O. The red on silver looks awesome and I see full leather on the dash as well. All for close to wholesale....Nice!!
Missed the ceramics part; pads likely then go somewhat longer and rotors of course way longer--life of car most likely.

Quick Reply: New Owner (2008 S8)