A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off to a new home

Old 02-11-2016, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to a new home

Well gang, care and feeding became too much to bare. I've got a Maxima now, but I hope to one day return to the brand when I'm a little wiser and a little richer.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

That was fast. I've only had mine for ten years so far.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Crisis3
Well gang, care and feeding became too much to bare. I've got a Maxima now, but I hope to one day return to the brand when I'm a little wiser and a little richer.

Sorry to see you go so soon. Not sure you've gone a cheaper route with the Maxima. I've known two people with Maximas out of warranty, and they've both been money pits. I hope you have better luck!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Care to fill us in on how much you ended up letting it go for? I'm just wondering if the numbers I mentioned in your other thread were close.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
Care to fill us in on how much you ended up letting it go for? I'm just wondering if the numbers I mentioned in your other thread were close.
Best offer was $7k

I'm sure the Maxima will eventually give me grief, but it won't be in my pocket till I'm done with kids tuition : )

I started my A8 experience with 68k on the odometer, and very limited mechanical experience ( yeah, yeah, and no VCDS) so my ownership was in the sweet spot of stuff needing to be fixed.

Last edited by Crisis3; 02-13-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife had an 07 Maxi and was trouble free for 89k miles. She wanted\needed all wheel drive so we traded for a 2013 certified pre-owned C Class Benz. She still misses that car.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck with the maxima...generally speaking they are solid cars.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Happy trails
Old 02-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

good luck with maxima
Old 02-18-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default I doubt that you would come back... isn't it a relief letting go the A8?

Originally Posted by Crisis3

I remembered many years ago, owning a Alfa Romeo GTV6 was wonderful, but things break here and there, I was single making OK money, I could afford it, had no idea how to fix car... One day, the car was overheated, drove pass a Honda dealer, u-turn, went in, traded the car in for a brand new Accord... Wow, it was so nice, so peaceful until getting off a sharp exit, the car sway so much, over steered then I realized, a big mistake. Sold the Accord a year later and got another GTV6 and learned how to take care of car.

Yes, Audi cars are great cars, but they only do well in nice climate, never abused or being wounded by owners or shops. Here is how I keep my Audi running well and cost less to operate than any other Japanese cars: it's a luxury car, not a sport car so drive nicely, if I don't have a garage, I wouldn't have them. "the less you touch, the longer it will last" opposite with the "spouse", one oil change a year or 15k miles, I'm sure I could afford that. I'm sure people ideas will differ from mine but Audi will always be our drivers unless we want to try something new like a Bentley GT.

Cheers and good luck,

Louis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off to a new home