Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default Pre facelift vs Facelift ambient lighting?

Hi, i was just wondering if the pre facelift comes with the ambient lighting package as seen on this picture.



and further on are there any significant differences between the pre face and face lifted version on the A8?
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 217096
 
mcdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansol123 View Post
Hi, i was just wondering if the pre facelift comes with the ambient lighting package as seen on this picture.

and further on are there any significant differences between the pre face and face lifted version on the A8?
Haven't compared the lighting but I have pre-facelift 2007 S8 that seems to have the same lightning as on the picture you posted.
__________________
2007 Audi S8 - Alcantara, B&O, 2 Alpine subwoofers, 20" wheels, 25mm & 15mm lowered, kessy, etc
2006 Audi Q7 - Rear view camera, Air suspension, kessy, lane change, heated seats, 4 zone, 7 seats, etc
mcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Awsome!

Are you satisfied with the MMI system on the 07?

Since the 09 models costs ALOT more here in Norway Im unsure wether itīs worth it paying the extra for the 3g MMI system.

but the 07 models did came with the same extra options as the 08/09 models?
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 217096
 
mcdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansol123;245
12751
Awsome!

Are you satisfied with the MMI system on the 07?

Since the 09 models costs ALOT more here in Norway Im unsure wether itīs worth it paying the extra for the 3g MMI system.

but the 07 models did came with the same extra options as the 08/09 models?
I don't think there's much difference between those two except the looks. Basic functions are pretty much the same. I've had all of my past and present cars with MMI 2G so no real experience with 3G.
Found an article about it here:
http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-2g-mmi-vs-audi-3g-mmi/

Most noticeable updates are with multimedia and navi. Not much difference for me since I rarely use navi and if it's 2D or 3D, doesn't matter since I'll get there. With 2G you can't get media from SD card but if you get it with AMI, then external HDD or ipod works fine. I don't have AMI since I use an alternative solution from Alpine and thinking about adding one more item called Fiscube.
When it comes to all the extras and toys, then it all depends on the model year. I'm not an expert on this subject but I think there have been small updates here and there pretty much every year. I'm more than happy with my current model and haven't even found a real reason to switch over to D4 model (and I like the D3 looks little bit more than D4).
__________________
2007 Audi S8 - Alcantara, B&O, 2 Alpine subwoofers, 20" wheels, 25mm & 15mm lowered, kessy, etc
2006 Audi Q7 - Rear view camera, Air suspension, kessy, lane change, heated seats, 4 zone, 7 seats, etc
mcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Yeah about that Sd card and HDD functionality, if I buy a 07 A8 with pretty much all the extras, how is it then if i want to use my phone as a music source playing from spotify?


how the reliability of the S8? does it need service often?
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 217096
 
mcdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansol123 View Post
Yeah about that Sd card and HDD functionality, if I buy a 07 A8 with pretty much all the extras, how is it then if i want to use my phone as a music source playing from spotify?


how the reliability of the S8? does it need service often?
If you have AMI (Audi Multimedia Interface) then you can connect it to your phone via headphone output (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi/a...er-aux-in-jack). You can look around kufatec and see what other stuff is available. If it doesn't have AMI but has lots of other (more important) extras then this can be retrofitted too.

My S8 has been a dream, little expensive to keep but haven't had any real issues with it. Servicing is pretty much the same I think...
__________________
2007 Audi S8 - Alcantara, B&O, 2 Alpine subwoofers, 20" wheels, 25mm & 15mm lowered, kessy, etc
2006 Audi Q7 - Rear view camera, Air suspension, kessy, lane change, heated seats, 4 zone, 7 seats, etc
mcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Thankīs of the help Mcdream!

you made my choice so much easier!

in your S8, can you change the color and theme of the ambient lighting?

Guessing iīm gonna save some cash and buy a 07/08 model with more gadgets and drop the 3g MMI. as you mentioned the navi is almost never used and when i need it the 2d maps will work just fine.


Btw where in Estonia do you live? used to travel there a lot before.
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 217096
 
mcdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansol123 View Post
Thankīs of the help Mcdream!

you made my choice so much easier!

in your S8, can you change the color and theme of the ambient lighting?

Guessing iīm gonna save some cash and buy a 07/08 model with more gadgets and drop the 3g MMI. as you mentioned the navi is almost never used and when i need it the 2d maps will work just fine.


Btw where in Estonia do you live? used to travel there a lot before.
I don't think it's possible to change the color of ambient light with even 3G, but it's not possible in my car. It IS possible to change the ambient light brightness tho.

I live in Tallinn. Can't say I've been to Norway since I'm not much into skiing and usually prefer little bit warmer climate for vacation
__________________
2007 Audi S8 - Alcantara, B&O, 2 Alpine subwoofers, 20" wheels, 25mm & 15mm lowered, kessy, etc
2006 Audi Q7 - Rear view camera, Air suspension, kessy, lane change, heated seats, 4 zone, 7 seats, etc
mcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdream View Post
I don't think it's possible to change the color of ambient light with even 3G, but it's not possible in my car. It IS possible to change the ambient light brightness tho.

I live in Tallinn. Can't say I've been to Norway since I'm not much into skiing and usually prefer little bit warmer climate for vacation
Hav Okei, bit There are different modnes like highway, city and so on?

I completly understand that. Winther in Norway Canada be harsh! Used to live inn the old town inn the summers inn Tallinn. Awsome place!
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 226636
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Damm autocorrect.
But there are different *

Winters inn Norway can be harsh *
hansol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
a3, a4, ambience, ambient, audi, b5, b7, b8, facelift, light, lighting, package, pre, q5


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community