A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Headrests

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, no saws-all or dynamite required? That is great news !!! Thx
Old 06-10-2017, 03:26 AM
2015 A8L TDI

Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Picked these 3 up from ebay for $45 shipped.
A6 headrests for the rear seat.
Color is a little off, and the A6 headrests are not real leather.

A6 rear seat headrests. Made with fake leather. One is scratched
Hope it makes a difference in rear view of my A8. A6 headrests
Old 06-11-2017, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Darn, Misha; that's not very funny.... Are you in Germany or something?
For anyone who has removed the rear seat bottom cushion and disconnected, and reconnected the airbag connecter knows the fear that coursed thought my body when I heard the sound of the when the connector, is reengaged. For my short story, my DIY was coming to a close, it was late and I was most likely sleep deprived. However, I was determined to put the cushion in and finish what I had started. A little side note is that I had to drive the car, so I opted to remove the rear seat completely and unplug the airbag connector, I wasn't concerned with an airbag light, I mean VCDS has to be good for something right. While positioning the cushion back into place I requested the assistance of my father who commented "is the battery suppose to be unplugged before you reconnect any airbags"? Audi ElsaWIN's answer is yes, however due to it being late and my lack of patience I decided against this precaution. So it came the time to plug in all the connectors, as I saved the airbag connectors for last, I made sure to position my head away from the side impact airbag as they are so conveniently located (as your installing the cushion) right next to your head. So I slowly put the connector together, and am confused as to why it doesn't have a click or other noise confirming it is connected. This results in me testing the connection by pulling on opposite wires and the connect separated. Ok! So second time around I gave it more force, and I swear on my grandmothers grave it sounds like a blasting cap went off. I have never had a bigger scare from any car I have ever owned. I curse which ever engineer thought that would be a good idea for a connector at Audi! My father who was not comfortably resting on the couch could not control his laughter as I told him about the fright my car gave me. In short, disconnect the battery for piece of mind and prepare for a sound of an imminent coma or concussion at the least.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
I can't help you with four seater headrests but I may be able to help you with the rear shade. What do you want to do there?
My apologies for reviving this thread, but i will be purchasing the aluminium clips for the sunshade and was wondering if i can install them without removing the headrests or hat shelf on the 5 seat model? I was planning on raising the shade and having a friend hold the shade up while i removed the broken clip and installed the new aluminium one and (any suggestions on grease?) also how are the ends attached? Do you have a diagram of it?
Thank You for the help!