A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search narrowed: D3 S8 it is!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by storka
A lady walks into a Audi dealership. She browses around, spots the Top-of-the-line Audi A8 and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to feel the fine leather upholstery, she inadvertently breaks Wind.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a sales person doesn't pop up right now.

As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her. Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady With, "Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?" Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her accident, she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely vehicle?"

He answers, "Madam, if you farted just touching it, you are going to s**t yourself when I tell you the price."
Ha! Haven't heard that one.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
They had told me that they were pulling the listing to put on stock wheels (RS6 wheels???) and then would relist. People didn't like da rimz that were on it.....or so they say. Told you they have no idea!
No, that sounds all kinds of fishy to me. If you're interested enough in the car still, have someone else look at, either a forum member with a scan tool or a paid inspector. No point going any farther without eyes on it. You clearly can't take them at their word, so it's too much of a gamble to go for it sight unseen. There's enough hinky stuff going on here, personally, I would forget about this one. But I do understand how hard it can be to find one of these you like, it's not like you're looking for a Corolla. You're call.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
They had told me that they were pulling the listing to put on stock wheels (RS6 wheels???) and then would relist. People didn't like da rimz that were on it.....or so they say. Told you they have no idea!
Just buy one already before you drive us S8Crazy.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hannibalacp82
Just buy one already before you drive us S8Crazy.
That's what I'm here for! Don't you have some machboos to eat???
Old 11-21-2015, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
No, that sounds all kinds of fishy to me. If you're interested enough in the car still, have someone else look at, either a forum member with a scan tool or a paid inspector. No point going any farther without eyes on it. You clearly can't take them at their word, so it's too much of a gamble to go for it sight unseen. There's enough hinky stuff going on here, personally, I would forget about this one. But I do understand how hard it can be to find one of these you like, it's not like you're looking for a Corolla. You're call.
Actually Flauta has been educating me on the virtues of the Toyota Echo. Seems like a fine drive to me.

BTW, have moved on from that one. Way too many loose ends to even spend $$ on a PPI. All the right color combos for me but I'm sure another will pop up. And it's not like prices are going up on these anytime soon.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Jeez, don't do that to us. People have fallen for that before.
It says I'm crazy, not stupid!