A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fez2013
It's a shame the car has all these faulty features that "you can live without". I don't understand why People buy cars with all the bells and whistles and when those bells and whistles break (and they do) you resort to not fixing it.
Just bought the car used, it happened to come with those "bells and whistles". They weren't deal breaker kind of features for me. That being said I do enjoy having them, but don't need them. The safety and performance issues need to be addressed before anything else does.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

But I should also say that I'm glad that you now know what the issues are now and that the dealer didn't take advantage - I hope.
Thanks, hopefully this dealer was honest with their diagnosis. The out of state dealer that sold me the car and swore that the Audi technicians that worked on the car stated that it was a 100% safe to drive and ready to go wasn't honest at all. I will be contacting him, forwarding the estimate, and also making sure that Audi of America is aware of their tactics. I did get the car at a great price and realize that it is almost 8 years old with 102,000 on the clock so I'm not upset that there are a few issues. I just would have liked the dealer to be honest about it, especially when he was aware that I had to drive almost 500 miles to get home and he still put me in danger.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sel126
Thanks, hopefully this dealer was honest with their diagnosis. The out of state dealer that sold me the car and swore that the Audi technicians that worked on the car stated that it was a 100% safe to drive and ready to go wasn't honest at all. I will be contacting him, forwarding the estimate, and also making sure that Audi of America is aware of their tactics. I did get the car at a great price and realize that it is almost 8 years old with 102,000 on the clock so I'm not upset that there are a few issues. I just would have liked the dealer to be honest about it, especially when he was aware that I had to drive almost 500 miles to get home and he still put me in danger.
I agree, they are very misleading. I too would go after them for the repair costs. Good luck with your car, after all said and done you'll definitely enjoy it.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Actually we can live without driving any A8... let alone "walking wounded" ones. :-)

Sometimes a cheaper car doesn't mean it's a great deal...

Cheers, congrats and good luck,

Louis
Old 06-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree, they are very misleading. I too would go after them for the repair costs. Good luck with your car, after all said and done you'll definitely enjoy it.
Thanks Fez, appreciate it!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Actually we can live without driving any A8... let alone "walking wounded" ones. :-)

Sometimes a cheaper car doesn't mean it's a great deal...

Cheers, congrats and good luck,

Louis
I hear you Louis, glad that there are no major issues. I figured that if there were any, I would just trade it in. Since I pretty much paid the trade in price, it was worth rolling the dice.

Thanks,
Scott

BTW, I saw some of your posts, really great stuff. Your help and knowledge will definitely be put to good use. Probably going to tackle the remote close trunk as soon as I get all of this other stuff worked out. Thanks for the great write up and videos.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hope you are enjoying the car, overall. We just bought a 2007 S8, as well, and are loving it so far. Amazing vehicle!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Howaboutthat
Hope you are enjoying the car, overall. We just bought a 2007 S8, as well, and are loving it so far. Amazing vehicle!
Thanks, I agree, the car is amazing! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to fully enjoy it yet since I still have to get all the bugs worked out. Best of luck with your new toy, ENJOY!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sel126
Hi everyone,

Just got the car back from Audi today, they had it since Wednesday morning. The following is what they found:

The headlight issue was just a loose wire, the Audi tech at the dealership where I purchased the car didn't install it correctly when changing the blub due to the fact that he was rushing to go to lunch and didn't want to remove the airbox fully.

The suspension issue is due to the need of stabilizer links (which includes the upper control arms) and lower control arms.

The check engine light (which came on while I was on the way to drop the car off at Audi) and the delayed start when starting the car for the first time of the day are caused by a thrust sensor (going to look that up now since I have no idea about it) that needs to be replaced. The code that came up for the CEL was for low fuel pressure due to a faulty thrust sensor.

The EPC light (which came on once with no other symptoms) is a sporadic fault and was cleared but if it comes on again it is recommended to replace the full shifter assembly due to a internal fault. It was also explained that this could have been due to bad gas being put in the car previous to me purchasing it last week. The dealership probably was only putting regular gas in it while it was on their lot.

Driver's exterior door lock button not functioning, it is shorted and needs replacement of the entire handle. (not a big deal for me, will leave that one alone).

Passenger front door power assist not functioning, the drive unit is not working and needs to be replaced for the vacuum feature to work. (another feature I can do without).

Low horn not functioning, has internal short, needs to be replaced. Think I can tackle this one myself.

Thanks for all of the input guys, any comments?
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you all of you helpful guys an update.

I have been in constant contact through emails with the sales manager, Jeff Ward, at Audi Willoughby (Ohio). He refuses to admit fault with any of the issues the car was delivered to me with and swears that it was 100% safe with absolutely no mechanical issues. I have sent him all of Audi Brooklyn's estimates/invoices, as well as a wealth of information. It is his opinion that these issues had to happen in the 583 miles put on the car between his dealership and when it was brought in to Audi Brooklyn (NY). (approx. 500 of which were put on during my commute home with the car).

I have now opened a case with Audi of America and also with Penske Automotive Group (which is Audi Willoughby's parent company). I'll keep all of you posted, thanks again for all of your insite and help.

Scott
Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Penske Automotive Group is the best in customer service

I used to work for Greg Penske in LA "customer satisfaction is #1 priority". I leased my Q7 from Penske group, if you make enough noise, I'm sure it will be handled.

Cheers and good luck,

Louis

Quick Reply: Suspension issue