A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Tires

Hi,

What you guys think about Vredestein ULTRAC VORTI R 265/35R20XL 99Y ?

From what I understand it is Dutch company owned in 50% by Indian tire producer.

Tires do have good reviews online.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard of them. So I would never buy them. I stick to the big names
Old 04-10-2015, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in my BMW days some people ran Vredesteins and seemed to be happy with them. Maybe do a search on a parallel board like Rennlist or Vortex with a bigger audience to see people's experience with them
Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family used All Season Vredesteins on our hondas. The particular kind we used had a silica gel in them to help with grip in the winter. Never had a problem with them and had a good tread rating. This was also 10+ years ago so the company may have changed hands or something along the way.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Albatrossboss
My family used All Season Vredesteins on our hondas. The particular kind we used had a silica gel in them to help with grip in the winter. Never had a problem with them and had a good tread rating. This was also 10+ years ago so the company may have changed hands or something along the way.
Albatrossboss thanks for the input. I will install them on my S8 and see what future brings.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman
Back in my BMW days some people ran Vredesteins and seemed to be happy with them. Maybe do a search on a parallel board like Rennlist or Vortex with a bigger audience to see people's experience with them
Thx Salty I will look around for some extra info.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Darren Coogan
Darren I understand your point. But Vredestain been around for over a century I believe. And tires are made in Europe.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Vredestein have been around for as long as I can remember although they don't seem to feature all that much in the USA. Well known and popular brand in Europe. Equivalent of Toyo, Hankook. Ie. good quality but slightly lower prices.

In fact I run Vredesteins on the rear of my TVR which has higher performance than anything with an Audi badge on it this side of an R8 V10.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Vredestein have been around for as long as I can remember although they don't seem to feature all that much in the USA. Well known and popular brand in Europe. Equivalent of Toyo, Hankook. Ie. good quality but slightly lower prices.

In fact I run Vredesteins on the rear of my TVR which has higher performance than anything with an Audi badge on it this side of an R8 V10.
Must post pics.

I have never seen a TVR in the flesh in the states. Some of the coolest cars ever, with old school power and driveline and the included "scariness" with little frills
Old 04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Hmmm...

Originally Posted by Darren Coogan
They were around and running ads in the back of car magazines literally before either Tirerack or online shopping even existed. Haven't ever used them personally, but as others have responded they have been around a long time. Back in my (cheap) Semperit days as perhaps another forgotten name that were kind of interchangeable with either cheap Dunlops or Pirellis of the day.

Quick Reply: Tires