A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS brands (aftermarket) that transmit temp info

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default TPMS brands (aftermarket) that transmit temp info

Hi,
I was looking into new aftermarket TPMS sensors for my 2009 A8L, which also display individual tire temperatures. One distributor suggest Titan brands will not send temp info (I believe Mishar said he has used these, so he may have some info). The distributor suggested ORO-Tek brand. There are a few other brands I see, like EON. I'm not sure if Orange still sells the A8 tpms
Rarely do descriptions of the sensors explicitly state if temperature is transmitted too
So, I was just wondering what aftermarket TPMS sensors people have used that do indeed send tire temp info to the car. Thanks
Old 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I actually just had Titan sensors installed on my '07 S8 today. I can confirm that they transmit pressure and temperature.

This is what I bought:
TPMS fits Audi S8 Tire Pressure Sensors
Old 01-28-2015, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, that website is a bit confusing, I click on a picture of the titan TPMS, and the little label on the pictured toms says OROTEK, and there are different sku and upc #'s for TPMS that should be the same. But thanks for the info, that's what i wanted to know.

Last edited by Sci-fi_Wasabi; 01-28-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, I think they mixed up the pictures. My Titan sensors did not look like those. They had more of a round edge. I would say choose the set of Titan sensors with 433 MHz and you should be good.

The web site has good customer service, by the way. I made a mistake with my shipping address and they responded and fixed it without any delay. When the sensors didn't fit on the wheels, they responded promptly, though there was no real solution other than going to another shop who did successfully install the sensors. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was going to type OE Wheels as well. Glad someone beat me to it. Call them up if there are any questions. They will make it right.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

The ones I got from oewheels.com showed temp and pressure. No issues. I think they were branded as orotek. Phone them up and speak to them. They are very helpful.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
The ones I got from oewheels.com showed temp and pressure. No issues. I think they were branded as orotek. Phone them up and speak to them. They are very helpful.
+1

Bought them for my 4.2 and W12 and they worked just as OEM but at a way more attractive price. Only thing cheap on them are the valve stems. Discount tire provided me with OEM Audi ones at no charge to replace them.

Here: 433mhz is US TPMS

TPMS fits Audi A8 Quattro L Tire Pressure Sensors

Honestly, these work the exact same for quite a bit cheaper. Again 433 mhz

TPMS fits Audi A8 Tire Pressure Sensors

Last edited by Brozee; 01-29-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

So Brozee, you got both of those sets and they both showed temperature?
Again, it seems like they are selling the same items for different prices... they all have pics of ORO-Tek items in the descriptions.
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Brozee
+1

Bought them for my 4.2 and W12 and they worked just as OEM but at a way more attractive price. Only thing cheap on them are the valve stems. Discount tire provided me with OEM Audi ones at no charge to replace them.

Here: 433mhz is US TPMS

TPMS fits Audi A8 Quattro L Tire Pressure Sensors

Honestly, these work the exact same for quite a bit cheaper. Again 433 mhz

TPMS fits Audi A8 Tire Pressure Sensors
Old 01-29-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These also have temp. Maybe a few dollars cheaper and free shipping with prime. Working great in my 2007 A8.

Amazon.com: Oro-Tek OBE-001 TPMS Sensor: Automotive Amazon.com: Oro-Tek OBE-001 TPMS Sensor: Automotive
Old 01-29-2015, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, thats a good price. thanks for the link SS
Originally Posted by SS_RTR
These also have temp. Maybe a few dollars cheaper and free shipping with prime. Working great in my 2007 A8.

Amazon.com: Oro-Tek OBE-001 TPMS Sensor: Automotive

Quick Reply: TPMS brands (aftermarket) that transmit temp info