A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unbelievable Audi Service-blown away

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable Audi Service-blown away

Ok, I hope you are sitting down when you read what Audi has agreed to do for me regarding my 2007 Audi S8. I think some of you will recall that soon after buying my S8 I noticed that the leather dash on my car was pulling loose in a couple spots due to the Florida and Texas beating down on it. Additionally I noticed that along the seams it appeared as though the glue had bubbled and buckled under the leather. It was sorta ugly but not that noticeable. The bubbled up areas around the instrument cluster hump are what bothered me the most. In any case I started looking for a shop in the area that would repair it in some way or another.......and I found a shop that said they could fix the bubbled areas if I would remove it and bring it to them. In the mean time I sent an email to Audi corporate looking for some sort of good will fully expecting to get a thanks but no thanks reply due to the age of my car. They said I needed to take it to an Audi dealer to lodge a formal inquiry thru the dealer but they opened the case for me. So, I took it to the closest dealer in Plano and was matched up with a very nice service writer who took pictures and began the official process. As this began I told him that I'd found a place that would repair it if Audi would pay for the labor to remove and reinstall. I thought that would be as good as it would possibly get. After a couple weeks I get an email from my service writer telling me that Audi has agreed to pay for a brand new dash if I will pay for the labor. Huh? I read it again and then again. The dash has a retail price of $6,200.00 and the labor is about $750.00. I am astounded that Audi is doing this and they have earned a customer for life if they stick to the deal. Like I said, I'm blown away. Yes, the materials used were defective but the car is 7-8 years old now and has been outta warranty for at least 3 years. Like I said I'm blown away.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default I need to take mine to Momentum

Originally Posted by hunterp27
Ok, I hope you are sitting down when you read what Audi has agreed to do for me regarding my 2007 Audi S8. I think some of you will recall that soon after buying my S8 I noticed that the leather dash on my car was pulling loose in a couple spots due to the Florida and Texas beating down on it. Additionally I noticed that along the seams it appeared as though the glue had bubbled and buckled under the leather. It was sorta ugly but not that noticeable. The bubbled up areas around the instrument cluster hump are what bothered me the most. In any case I started looking for a shop in the area that would repair it in some way or another.......and I found a shop that said they could fix the bubbled areas if I would remove it and bring it to them. In the mean time I sent an email to Audi corporate looking for some sort of good will fully expecting to get a thanks but no thanks reply due to the age of my car. They said I needed to take it to an Audi dealer to lodge a formal inquiry thru the dealer but they opened the case for me. So, I took it to the closest dealer in Plano and was matched up with a very nice service writer who took pictures and began the official process. As this began I told him that I'd found a place that would repair it if Audi would pay for the labor to remove and reinstall. I thought that would be as good as it would possibly get. After a couple weeks I get an email from my service writer telling me that Audi has agreed to pay for a brand new dash if I will pay for the labor. Huh? I read it again and then again. The dash has a retail price of $6,200.00 and the labor is about $750.00. I am astounded that Audi is doing this and they have earned a customer for life if they stick to the deal. Like I said, I'm blown away. Yes, the materials used were defective but the car is 7-8 years old now and has been outta warranty for at least 3 years. Like I said I'm blown away.
That is an example of going 110%.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 199 Posts

I have heard that Audi is pushing hard to be a tier 1 auto maker, and they are really pushing to bring their customer satisfaction ratings up.

I would push any complaint or issues you have to Audi of America and see if they will handle it. Lots of people have been turned down by an individual dealer and then gotten AoA to foot the bill for repairs.

Congrats on the new dash!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

A couple of years ago I have used BMW leather cleaner on my 745 perforated seats and the paint started to peel off in just a couple of spots. The dealer contacted BMW of NA and they replaced both front seats leather surfaces right away. BMW is calling all their customers the very next day after every dealer visit asking for their feedback, that's real customer care. I'm not so sure if I miss my 754 ( maybe ) but I REALYY miss their dealer service.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's excellent customer service. Dodge did the same thing for me...they said they would replace the entire dash and all bezels on an 11 yr old truck if I paid a $100 deductible. I couldn't get my truck in the shop fast enough! LOL
Old 04-06-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is awesome news! Congrats and glad you're not out any more than the $750 after your recent engine rebuild.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

A great result and nice to see the A8 long term support.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Audi is smart - It make more sense sometimes to remove and

replace with a new one than to remove and let someone else to fix it and customer may not be happy after the retrofitting. I don't think it costs Audi $6200 and I'm sure they have a few on warehouses somewhere not being used. Now, Audi has an "Extremely" happy customer.

Congrats on the great news,

Louis
Old 04-08-2015, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ya its very unlikely that Audi pays anywhere near 6200 for the dash. However, this dash has not been made in quite a few years and there is a new development to the story that's quite a surprise to me. Ostensibly, according to the head Service Tech at Plano Audi, there are none of these dashes anywhere in the system and this one is going to have to be made by the sub-contractor. It is starting to sound like Audi is going to hold the sub-contractor accountable for this and it will result in a "charge-back" to them. Its going to take a couple months to get this thing built and shipped over from the sub. No matter how you slice it, I am still very surprised that this is going to happen at all.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gang,

the dash has arrived from Germany and is ready to be installed. I took the car down to the Dealership and they have it now. I will post some pics along the way......