A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crai6m4ck
Is there any reason why my screen says "Coding - 07"? Is it just a newer version of the software?

I can't check it but it is probably my mistake.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will be this procedure tomorrow or next day I will let you know.
Mine are ver 15
Old 05-16-2016, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here look at this one same as you are saying with the coding ll
I think you may have to go to security access with ver 12.12
Old 05-16-2016, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by storka
It should be as straight forward as the video unless your your clone vcds keep freezing
Unfortunately it is rarely that simple. That's why I wrote this. A few details make all difference. Read it carefully.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gents, I am endevouring to reset my suspension levels after replacing the residual pressure retaining valve on my left front strut. In order to replace this the car was placed in jacking mode, front wheel jacked of the ground and the valve unscrewed from the strut. This let out residual air pressure in the strut which I thought was already empty due to the fact the car was on the deck. The new valve was screwed into place and the vehicle placed back on the ground and jacking mode was turned off.
Ever since then the strut in question has always been riding high making the left side of the car higher than the right.
Did I miss doing something and / or will the suspension leveling as described here fix my problem because so far I have had no luck with VCDS leveling the car.
All help greatly appreciated
Chris
Old 05-17-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CrozA8
Gents, I am endevouring to reset my suspension levels after replacing the residual pressure retaining valve on my left front strut. In order to replace this the car was placed in jacking mode, front wheel jacked of the ground and the valve unscrewed from the strut. This let out residual air pressure in the strut which I thought was already empty due to the fact the car was on the deck. The new valve was screwed into place and the vehicle placed back on the ground and jacking mode was turned off.
Ever since then the strut in question has always been riding high making the left side of the car higher than the right.
Did I miss doing something and / or will the suspension leveling as described here fix my problem because so far I have had no luck with VCDS leveling the car.
All help greatly appreciated
Chris
Is that strut lowering and raising when you change level? If yes this procedure should help. If no your residual pressure valve is faulty.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That I am unsure of as we were standing on the other side of the vehicle.
Will double check when I attack it again in the morning and re post if need help.
Many thanks

Further Update:

Correct again Mishar!
We were too busy watching the front right of the car where the laptop was situated (Aus car RHD) and did not notice the problem left.
Anyhow I have got new ones coming from the Arnott suspension dealer here in Australia for the mega sum of $15.00ea aus.
Not bad as the local Audi dealer here tried to sell me a new suspension unit for "We can do ya a deal" $4300.00.
will post how we go but I think all should return to normal with new valve.
Again many thanks
Chris

Last edited by CrozA8; 05-17-2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-17-2016, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mishar,

For my '07 A8:

When I use the procedure you so graciously provided in post #1, Everything 'seems' to be OK, but when I get to coding for the final step of saving it in channel 05:

"Repeat this procedure for the rest of wheels. Channel 02 is front right, channel 03 rear left, channel 04 rear right.

Channel 05 (Save)
Key in: 1
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]"
---------------------------------------------------
For 'Channel 05", I don't find any place to 'Key in: 1". Where do I put the number 1 in order to save all the settings??? Sorry to bother you for something so trivial, but my car/VCDS doesn't provide an opportunity to enter '1' any place.

Thank you for your help. Hoping to get the car leveled and the orange light off soon!!

Last edited by Gary Knox; 06-18-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I hope somebody with VCDS on hand wll check. My memory is not so good and VCDS is far far away.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

PM's with Mishar indicate he is not going to be accessible for a long time regarding the VCDS and ride height adjustment question I posted about 2 posts previous to this one.

Can ANYONE on this forum help me with that final step of selecting '1' on Channel five????? I can not get the number to 'enter' in any place once I have done everything up to that LAST step, which Mishar indicates is very important (and I can't get the ride height to stay corrected in the '07 A8 after I've done all the previous steps).

My wife - who drives the car most of the time would be very thankful if someone can help solve my 'problem'!!

THANKS for any help

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment