A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Knox
PM's with Mishar indicate he is not going to be accessible for a long time regarding the VCDS and ride height adjustment question I posted about 2 posts previous to this one.

Can ANYONE on this forum help me with that final step of selecting '1' on Channel five????? I can not get the number to 'enter' in any place once I have done everything up to that LAST step, which Mishar indicates is very important (and I can't get the ride height to stay corrected in the '07 A8 after I've done all the previous steps).

My wife - who drives the car most of the time would be very thankful if someone can help solve my 'problem'!!

THANKS for any help
Just popped in my mind: try "+" and "-" buttons.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Mishar. Hope your visit is going well. I'll try that this weekend.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

im having some issues with my 2008 a8l. VCDS 15.7.4. i went into level control- coding and set it to 0010010 which saved perfect after clicking do it. i then went into adaptation but the car didnt go up and down. i then went into each channel (1-4) to save pictures of the values but mine dont reflect what Mishar says it should be. my front read 371 and rear 353. These values are not listed on the thread. my status said VALUE so i tried to change to actual measured values but once i entered 05 to save, VCDS showed ERROR Channel 05 Not Available. i know have amber light on the dashboard which VCDS erases but after turning the car off and back on, the light is still there. Now when i enter adaptation and select channel 01 i get the same ERRORS. i did try to set the values back to what i originally had but those wouldnt save either. Now i cant make any changes and i have a dashboard light on. any ideas?
Old 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't know if they changed something in the new version of VCDS so these instructions become outdated, but if not than you have to do it again and it has to follow procedure strictly. No down an up at the start means something is not right. Values you have are way too low. 20 mm lower than the lowest setup. Check that again.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
I don't know if they changed something in the new version of VCDS so these instructions become outdated, but if not than you have to do it again and it has to follow procedure strictly. No down an up at the start means something is not right. Values you have are way too low. 20 mm lower than the lowest setup. Check that again.
Ver 15 is the same.
There is a utube video on it
Follow t exactly
Old 07-10-2016, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Leveling procedure in this video is right, but many times it doesn't go so smooth. You get INVALID for the value you entered. This tread is mostly about that.

Lowering here is actually cheating I was talking at the end of the post #1. To do it right it should start with the calibration and changing those two fives so the car will know it is lowered. It will set damping rate accordingly.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

okay so it seemed i tried to make changed to many times and VCDS didnt like it. i was able to make and save the changes this time around but my values were still off. the fronts did read 371 and the max i could take them to was 380 and the rear read 353 which was changed to 354. i would like to go lower but it doesnt seem VCDS will let me and now at least the car sits even.

something else i noticed. after i lock the car, the car lowers itself a little bit but only after i press the lock button. Why does it do this?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

It waits for the lock command to make the adjustment because by then everyone is out of the car and any luggage has been removed. However even if you don't lock it the car will eventually adjust for the load change.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That makes sense but why does the car get lower when this happens?
Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

When you get out it changes the height of the car. Then the car corrects the height. They system is always trying to keep the car at the correct height. If you load 5 people and a bunch of luggage in your car when it is off the car will take a couple of seconds after you start it to adjust to the proper right height.

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment