A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A8Pete
JUst re read and saw the error of my ways

"[Test]

Unfortunately it won't always accept that value. If you get INVALID message go channel up and back down using arrows and enter value somewhere in between measured and target values. Try first closest to the measured value and repeat until you get VALID message."

I'll ave another go tomorrow and do it properly this time
Hi. Anyone have a suggestion on unlocking settings within mmi on Audi a8? In setup - car says no options available
Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, I read this thread a while back and would like some additional clarification..

1. By lowering the car (factory airbags) using VCDS will that change or alter the camber

2. Would this affect tire wear? I ask this b/c lowering a car via new lowering springs, it was speed up the tire wear unless a camber kit was installed.

3. Would I need an alignment after I've lowered the suspension?

Thank you in advance
Old 03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really? Nobody?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

As a former allroad driver, with similar VCDS adjustable ride height suspension, you can also lower the suspension in similar fashion as can be done on the A8. It was discussed on the allroad forums that lowering the suspension height can change the geometry of the control arms, half shafts etc and that after lowering an alignment would be advisable, perhaps not necessary but not a bad idea either.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
As a former allroad driver, with similar VCDS adjustable ride height suspension, you can also lower the suspension in similar fashion as can be done on the A8. It was discussed on the allroad forums that lowering the suspension height can change the geometry of the control arms, half shafts etc and that after lowering an alignment would be advisable, perhaps not necessary but not a bad idea either.
I was hoping it wasn't the case since the factory air suspension provided certain allowances for lowering. I appreciate your response kind Sir. I'll go with an alignment afterwards play it safe.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fez2013
Hey guys, I read this thread a while back and would like some additional clarification..

1. By lowering the car (factory airbags) using VCDS will that change or alter the camber

2. Would this affect tire wear? I ask this b/c lowering a car via new lowering springs, it was speed up the tire wear unless a camber kit was installed.

3. Would I need an alignment after I've lowered the suspension?

Thank you in advance
1. Yes, it will change camber a bit. Measurable but not noticeable.

2. It won't on any regular wheel/tire setup. It might if you use huge wheels with very little rubber and pump them to the max in order to lower the pothole risk.

3. Alignment should be performed periodically anyways. This is good moment to do it.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
1. Yes, it will change camber a bit. Measurable but not noticeable. 2. It won't on any regular wheel/tire setup. It might if you use huge wheels with very little rubber and pump them to the max in order to lower the pothole risk. 3. Alignment should be performed periodically anyways. This is good moment to do it.
I appreciate your responses. I intended to keep the factory 20's, days of larger wheels are over for me. And I'll definitely get it aligned afterwards.
Thanks so much.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default NEED HELP!!

Gents,
I need some help, tried to lower the car (with VCDS) and I got to the section with the instructions..

To complete this change:

Car on a flat surface, transmission in park, engine running and all doors closed.

Measure in millimeters actual heights from wheel center to the lower edge of the fender and record them:

[Select]
[34 - Level Control]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 31564
[Do It!]

[Adaption - 10]

Wait until car goes down and up and you get Ready message.

The car never went up and down...waited for a few minutes. I didn't proceed because I thought I missed something.

I went back and entered the original coding values 0015510.

However,Now I get the Orange suspension light - error attached

I need some help to resolve this. Ultimately, I'd like to lower it but right now just reset it back to factory settings. Any easy way to do this? Can anyone remote into my laptop and assist?
Attached Thumbnails VCDS Ride Height Adjustment-capture5.png  
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You did it in a wrong order. First step is to perform Coding by setting those 55's to the desired height. Second step is to perform Adaptation, starting with Security Code.

Now you have an error because you din't perform Adaptation after setting Coding.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Mishar,
Thanks for responding. I followed your instructions exactly in your first post on my first try, maybe my post wasn't clear. I apologize. Anyway, I cleared the Error code and started over, using "22" in place of "55"s. Did the security code then adaption.
Now I'm getting channel 5 not available to complete the changes. When I go back and replace the "22" with "55" I'm able to save all the values and channel 5 is available. So I'm stumped.

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment