A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate NJ's numbnuts rules...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

It's an entirely unnecessary profession. Isn't there something else they can come up with that is actually of appreciable use? If I have ever have to go through either of those places, I'll be sure to plan my gas stops accordingly.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
When I had to travel to NJ for business, after they finished and processed my credit card, I would always get out and ensure that my gas cap was present and on tight.
That is smart and what I shroud have done... Would have saved me a lot of hassle. And about $50 for a new cap.
As I started - hate NJ.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by carl viking
That is smart and what I shroud have done... Would have saved me a lot of hassle. And about $50 for a new cap.
As I started - hate NJ.
Not all of NJ is bad. The northern area and the seashore all the way down to Cape May is worth keeping. And despite the extra pump manpower overhead, gas prices in NJ are the lowest in the NE. Just be have to check the filler cap before you leave the station.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If the no-pump laws are finally rescinded, residents of both states, most of whom have never filled their own tanks, would have to learn how to operate a gas pump.
I have had to show an Oregonian what to do before.

I pulled up and she was standing looking the pump with a very confused expression, and her daughter was yelling out the widow "where is the gas man?"
Old 09-07-2015, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I hate gas stations that charge you extra for using a credit card instead of cash. I've pulled back out and gone someplace else more than once for that, irritates the bejesus out of me.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dont lump all of the US in with NJ...

$2.12USD for 87octane, $2.51USD for US gallon of 93 octane right now. But that's not as cheap as it was a year ago for the tourist visitors since the Euro is approaching parity and the CAD made its dive way under. I'm in FL and we have 10% of the Canadian country here over the winter anymore.

Don't assume the rest of the US is allowing the station pumper to touch our tanks. It's just NJ with the pump law and some state(s) in the northwest. Maybe it's just having an out of state plate driving once through NJ, but I was not seeing the gallons we paid. Thank above it was only driving through there once.

Cold_S
Current
Volvo 16v Turbo
Audi A8L AT6 D3
and 11 other plated vehicles
Past 29 others...

Originally Posted by volvopentaman
WHAT in the name of???

That's hilarious that you can't pump your own gas, well you fellow Americans are so special anyway!

I want to see the gas station attendant, that fills up my gas tank to full.

When the Computer says 0km left, you can fill it up with 104,5L. 85L goes in easilly, then the last 20L By "clicking".

I don't like anybody to fill my tank, just because they loose the filler cap, or spill gas all over the car, or they don't get it filled properly to full.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW - Ive been eyeing the W12 lately. There is one for a pretty reasonable price $27K USD nearby in North Florida, having descent year, miles and condition. Seems stupid cheap for such a supercar, but local repair shops scare off the timid. Once I get this 4.2L in good form then it does to my wife and the W-12 is on the list next.

Originally Posted by volvopentaman
WHAT in the name of???

That's hilarious that you can't pump your own gas, well you fellow Americans are so special anyway!

I want to see the gas station attendant, that fills up my gas tank to full.

When the Computer says 0km left, you can fill it up with 104,5L. 85L goes in easilly, then the last 20L By "clicking".

I don't like anybody to fill my tank, just because they loose the filler cap, or spill gas all over the car, or they don't get it filled properly to full.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida8L
$2.12USD for 87octane, $2.51USD for US gallon of 93 octane right now.
Two days ago in Findlay, Ohio.....
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2015, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Two days ago in Findlay, Ohio.....
Nice price. Now let's all look at our retirement account balances. Anything invested in commodities, oil & gas exploration or natural resources in general...UGHHHH
Mike

Last edited by Greybeast; 09-09-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have lived in NJ for 60+ years. They say we only need to bribe another 200 to 300 State workers in the EPA and than we can pump our own gas. The real reason we can't is because of the greed and corruption of our politicians, if we pumped our own gas than the public would want to know why we're paying the same gas prices as in NC. FYI, NJ has one if not the largest oil refinery on the East Coast so the delivery costs are nil and the profit margins for the distributors and dealers are high and of course, the consumer gets screwed. There is one consolation, at least we don't have to pay S.F., CA gas prices which are $4+ a gallon.

Quick Reply: Why I hate NJ's numbnuts rules...