A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate NJ's numbnuts rules...

Old 08-22-2016, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

NJ gas prices including taxes are the lowest of any state in the Northeast. Be happy.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While what you write is true now, the current market is predicting a substantial (.25 per gallon gas tax) increase. Here in NJ the property taxes are 3 to 5 times what the national average is. Like your home state, MA, the gov't is bleeding the public dry. The only thing I never understood is why gas is 2 to 3 times higher in SF, CA as CA has 6 refineries in that state while NJ has only 2, which is a lot for the 3rd or 4th smallest state out of the 50.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Fuel cost fluctuates all the time and I have no doubt we will return to $4 per gallon at some point in the future. However, unless NJ raises their at the pump tax, it will always be the least expensive state in the NE.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've been following Governor Christie he's been preparing us for the .25 cent per gallon gas tax increase and before we sit down and eat our turkey I believe that .25 cent gas tax increase will be a reality. As for NJ always having the lowest fuel prices, check out a web-site called "Gas Buddy" that provides gas prices nationwide. Compare the gas prices in the zip code 27501 (NC) versus 07701 (NJ), their fuel prices for regular fuel are the same or less than Jersey's. Given NJ has the most corrupt state government in the nation, while the gas prices have been the lowest in the NE part of the USA every party has an end, I'm afraid ours is here. I'm sure you remember the promise that when the Garden State Parkway was done that when it was paid for by the tolls the tolls were to be rescinded, we're still waiting for the end of the GS Parkway tolls. The only thing that will save the country from this reckless spending are "Term Limits" as public service was never meant to be a career, it was an opportunity to serve one's country to the best of one's ability and than give someone else an opportunity to pickup the ball and continue to run with it. Thank god there are things like Audi A8L's to take our minds off our troubles.
The following users liked this post:
Roman NJ (12-24-2019)
Old 08-22-2016, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Good point on taxes and term limits all. Let me say this one more time though:

The one thing I always liked about NJ is the can't pump your own gas law. Especially nice in the winter time, never did leave without the cap, I'm sure it happens often enough, I was one of the fortunate ones living there for 20 years. Gas is cheaper in NJ than it is in NY, PA or DE too.

The other thing I liked was the stay to the right law. Had a few Garden State trooper good friends there that loved to enforce it, I admire them for it.

Jersey has a bad rap for a lot of things, but a great place that I have a lot of good memories of.

Colorado where I live now has it faults too, too numerous to mention. Not the place I moved to exactly. Looking to impose a regressive tax on poor people by raising the tax on smokers by 1.50 or more per pack. They are not going to quit, it will simply make them poorer. Thought I was moving to a place I could be proud to be a part of, shortly lived.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TSHong
I was reading the first post and was thinking gas cap. Don't know how many times we get customers come in with a CEL light. Pull codes and get a gross evap leak, and then find no gas cap.

I did not realize there are states where you can pump your own gas. A "trained" professional who was not paying attention and leaving my gas cap off while I was driving to another state would get my blood boiling.
in New York you pump your own gas.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rather pump my own..

I'm glad that living in NYC I can pump my own gas! Strangely enough to all the men that Even as a woman I prefer to make sure my gas cap is on & clicked in my usual OCD 6 times! 😆 no mess down the side & my card in tucked away in my wallet when I'm done ✔