A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tinting and clear bra?

Old 04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile tinting and clear bra?

Anyone know of any good places to get tint or clear bra done in houston? should i do it through the dealer? I was quoted 350 for tint and about 900 for clear bra on all the impact areas of the car. Not sure how good of a deal this is. My car (2013 A8L) has just the factory tint (basically nothing) on it right now. Anyone have some extra knowledge on these they wouldn't mind sharing? I know the tint laws, is one tint better than another? I have heard of Xpel but i don't know if it is per say better? any help would be appreciated Thanks!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nabizzy
Anyone know of any good places to get tint or clear bra done in houston? should i do it through the dealer? I was quoted 350 for tint and about 900 for clear bra on all the impact areas of the car. Not sure how good of a deal this is. My car (2013 A8L) has just the factory tint (basically nothing) on it right now. Anyone have some extra knowledge on these they wouldn't mind sharing? I know the tint laws, is one tint better than another? I have heard of Xpel but i don't know if it is per say better? any help would be appreciated Thanks!
I can give you some input on the clear paint protection film (PPF). The current "gold standard" for overall appearance and performance in this market is CCL Design's Nano-FusionŽ PPF (formerly Avery Dennison). If this film is not available or used by your installer, the XPEL products (and others) will still work well to prevent stone and gravel chipping. All of the PPF films are at least 6 mils of thermoplastic polyurethane plus adhesive and most also have a thin topcoat layer to provide enhanced stain resistance (tar, insects, tree sap).
Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I took my 2013 S8 to Xpert Tint on 59 at Beltway 8 I have the daytona grey with pearl effect and got 30% Forumala One charcoal grey tint around. On my last S8 I had much darker tint and grew to hate it at night. Anyway,

i Didn't like some of the other ceramics and they remind me of blue hair and Mercedes Benz.

Having waited almost a year to tint it and just using the internal sunshades so far I figured with a 30% all around it wouldn't be to dark and I can use the shade in the rear if needed. I chose a ceramic for further heat reduction.

Anyway the guys at xpert tint http://www.houstontint.com/ did a great job, it looks good so far but only a couple of days in. When the sun finally came out today all the little bumps disappeared like they said they would.

This is the same place my dealer uses, although I bet they would have chosen a cheaper tint.

looks great, I would reccomend
Old 04-18-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mrtom303
I took my 2013 S8 to Xpert Tint on 59 at Beltway 8 I have the daytona grey with pearl effect and got 30% Forumala One charcoal grey tint around. On my last S8 I had much darker tint and grew to hate it at night. Anyway,

i Didn't like some of the other ceramics and they remind me of blue hair and Mercedes Benz.

Having waited almost a year to tint it and just using the internal sunshades so far I figured with a 30% all around it wouldn't be to dark and I can use the shade in the rear if needed. I chose a ceramic for further heat reduction.

Anyway the guys at xpert tint http://www.houstontint.com/ did a great job, it looks good so far but only a couple of days in. When the sun finally came out today all the little bumps disappeared like they said they would.

This is the same place my dealer uses, although I bet they would have chosen a cheaper tint.

looks great, I would reccomend
Thanks!

I talked to the guys at Audi Central and they recommended them as well. Would you mind if I asked how much it cost for that tint?