A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Audi A8L Transporting Setting .Help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Audi A8L Transporting Setting .Help.

Is there a setting in the computer for transporting the vehicle that messes with the height of the vehicle it self?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

2012 Audi A8L******** sorry
Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to car setting. Upper left corner. Raises and lowers car.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

But is there such a thing? I was supposed to go pick up my audi a8l a few weeks ago but the deal fell through due to the dealer lifting the price by $4,000 when I went to pick up the car...so I found another one today and went to go look at it but when I got there the front end was slanted down and the back end was looking normal so I still took it for a test drive and a light came up on the dash saying the car was too low by the time I got back to the dealership the car was sitting high on both sides??? Im just confused honestly.

I left the dealership with out purchasing the car and the salesman said he was going to take it to audi but he just called me and said the car was in transport mode.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

It was at a Toyota dealership so the guy had no idea what to do..and it was kind of funny
Old 12-01-2015, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Detroit313
But is there such a thing? I was supposed to go pick up my audi a8l a few weeks ago but the deal fell through due to the dealer lifting the price by $4,000 when I went to pick up the car...so I found another one today and went to go look at it but when I got there the front end was slanted down and the back end was looking normal so I still took it for a test drive and a light came up on the dash saying the car was too low by the time I got back to the dealership the car was sitting high on both sides??? Im just confused honestly.

I left the dealership with out purchasing the car and the salesman said he was going to take it to audi but he just called me and said the car was in transport mode.
It was at a Toyota dealership so the guy had no idea what to do..and it was kind of funny

Exactly the reason to buy from an Audi dealer or an Indy with Audi experience. Was looking at on recently from an indy that couldn't even begin to answer my questions. They're now history...to me. Too scary to buy from the uninformed especially when they offer NO WARRANTY. Run Forest, run!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well these guys offered me a 2 year 100,000 mile warranty so I figured what the heck why not.

But it was funny though he was like well I do not even know
Is it supposed to look like this LOL
Old 12-01-2015, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well these guys offered me a 2 year 100,000 mile warranty so I figured what the heck why not.

But it was funny though he was like well I do not even know
Is it supposed to look like this LOL
Read the thing VERY carefully and get some advice from others on here that have had that warranty.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Never heard of a "transport" mode for the air suspension. There is a "Jack" mode for raising the car off the ground, but that's it. As frybear indicated, there is a "raise" and "lower" manual adjustment setting in the upper left hand corner of the MMI screen when you are in the car's suspension settings options.

The car really needs to be checked by a qualified tech to make sure there isn't a problem with that car's air suspension.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Never heard of a "transport" mode for the air suspension. There is a "Jack" mode for raising the car off the ground, but that's it. As frybear indicated, there is a "raise" and "lower" manual adjustment setting in the upper left hand corner of the MMI screen when you are in the car's suspension settings options.

The car really needs to be checked by a qualified tech to make sure there isn't a problem with that car's air suspension.

Right I get that I will have checked with Audi before purchase. The only thing I was worried about was the light that came on while I was test driving it and it stayed on...I forgot to take a picture of it but it was a green light with a car in the center and and arrows pointing up and down.

But when I got to the dealership the car was parked and running and like I said it was slanted down on the front end and normal looking in the back by the time I got back the whole car was lifted and looked centered no problem on front or back side.

Quick Reply: 2011 Audi A8L Transporting Setting .Help.