A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 A8L TDI AC problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2014 A8L TDI AC problems

I have a 2014 A8L TDI which I love except: I live in south Florida where it is almost always hot. I noticed, especially it is above 80 degrees that the AC fans only blow at speeds of 2 or 3 when on Auto mode regardless of the temp setting except when I place the temp on LOW. So on hot days the car never really cools unless I manually raise the fan speed to 10 or 12 and then manually lower as it cools.
I brought this to my service adviser's attention and after he had my car for 5 days and inspecting everything, his best answer was that prior A8 customers complained to Audi that in a high end Luxury car such as the A8, the owners "didn't want to be bothered by a strong fan speed and so the A8 ACs were programmed this way." This sounds like a crock to me. So I asked him to reprogram my AC computer and he said it wasn't possible. Incidentally, while they had the car, I had an A7 loaner whose AC fan speed on Auto appropriately responded to the temp settings.
I still don't think their answer is correct.
Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution. The service adviser's manager has told me he will contact the tech support again to see what if anything can be done
Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 AM
A 8
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramiro Morales
I have a 2014 A8L TDI which I love except: I live in south Florida where it is almost always hot. I noticed, especially it is above 80 degrees that the AC fans only blow at speeds of 2 or 3 when on Auto mode regardless of the temp setting except when I place the temp on LOW. So on hot days the car never really cools unless I manually raise the fan speed to 10 or 12 and then manually lower as it cools.
I brought this to my service adviser's attention and after he had my car for 5 days and inspecting everything, his best answer was that prior A8 customers complained to Audi that in a high end Luxury car such as the A8, the owners "didn't want to be bothered by a strong fan speed and so the A8 ACs were programmed this way." This sounds like a crock to me. So I asked him to reprogram my AC computer and he said it wasn't possible. Incidentally, while they had the car, I had an A7 loaner whose AC fan speed on Auto appropriately responded to the temp settings.
Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution. The service adviser's manager has told me he will contact the tech support again to see what if anything can be done
There is a setting in the MMI how aggressive you want the AC to be, have you tried that?

Last edited by A 8; 02-03-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A 8
There is a setting in the MMI how aggressive you want the AC to be, have you tried that?
I have tried messing with the AC settings but don't think I have seen anything re aggressiveness of AC I will look at this again today.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 10:21 AM
A 8
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have tried messing with the AC settings but don't think I have seen anything re aggressiveness of AC I will look at this again today.
Thanks
Its in the CAR setting of the MMI.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I live I S FL too. What dealer did you go to. BTW, most responses from dealers are full of crap. And to be honest, that is much more insulting to me. Insulting my intelligence is much worse than saying we don't know the cause of your problem. I am going through this right now (a different issue than yours though). Its not just AUDI that does this either. Lexus has done this to me. Chevy as well