A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 S8 Pricing

Old 08-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S8 Pricing

Anyone know what invoice price is for the 15 S8 ? What are dealers willing to discount off sticker. There are allot of "discounts" available like 3k conquest, 3k audi loytalty, etc...

Wondering what people are paying for them.

There is a black s8 sticker 125k what would be a realistic price to expect.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

2015 S8
Retail = $114,900
Invoice = $106,858
Destination = $925

Invoice cost on packages and stand alone options runs about 93% of retail. S8s are a relatively limited supply vehicle, so negotiating a "great" deal is open to interpretation. I find that the mid point between retail and invoice is a "fair" deal for both parties; getting below the mid point is better :-). Occasionally I see someone post about getting invoice, or below invoice, and I'm always skeptical about that. If true, you know the dealer is getting a better deal on invoice from AoA, probably due to customer satisfaction incentives---but not likely that a dealer would want to part with an S8 without making a few grand on the transaction, I'd imagine. In any event, negotiate the best price you can, and then they apply the Audi supplied discount(s).

Saw a nice S8 in my dealer's showroom yesterday---Daytona Grey with black interior...Retail was just under $120K.

Last edited by derfA8L; 08-24-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Opinion on HUD

What do people think of the Heads up Display. I don't know if its all that useful. Car I looked at had it but did not have the IR vision. So all it displayed was the speed. Which I can look down and see quite fine. Seemed silly to me.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.

So you think if they were willing to give 5-6k off of a 125k sticker that it would be a good trade? Not trying to negotiate an impossible deal just a fair one.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ikold
What do people think of the Heads up Display. I don't know if its all that useful. Car I looked at had it but did not have the IR vision. So all it displayed was the speed. Which I can look down and see quite fine. Seemed silly to me.
It will also display navigation info which would be quite useful; also will show pedestrian/animal warnings if car is equipped with the Night Vision option. The HUD is part of the Premium Package, which you may want since it also includes the 22-way comfort seats, Audi side assist, front seat ventilation & massage, as well as a couple of other items. Most folks will tell you that the comfort seats with ventilation & massage and the side assist are "must haves." Only downsides to the HUD that I've heard are the potential for sun glare off the dash mounted projector screen and that polarized sunglasses can defeat the HUD images.

Edit---oops, I forgot we're discussing an S8 here. The HUD IS A STANDARD FEATURE on the S8--my bad.

Last edited by derfA8L; 08-24-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ikold
Thanks for the reply.

So you think if they were willing to give 5-6k off of a 125k sticker that it would be a good trade? Not trying to negotiate an impossible deal just a fair one.
I'd think you could get $5-6K, but I'd try for $7K to bring it in at around $118K...that gets you the mid-point dollar value, pre-Audi supplied customer incentives. They may not be willing to go there, but why not give it a try. You might even attempt going lower just to test the water.

As far as what constitutes a "fair deal", my attitude is that I want my dealer to make a fair profit on my transaction. I happen to like my dealer and his service department, so I want them (not only the store, but also the present ownership and management) staying in business---for my own peace of mind and convenience. My salesperson and I came to the understanding, many deals ago, that "fair" equals splitting the difference between MSRP and published invoice. If he happens to get a better invoice price from AoA, then good for him (as long as I don't know that) ;-))
Old 08-24-2014, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I do not know if this helps, however truecar.com is a good place to start.

BTW here is what I was able to get on my A8. It is scheduled to arrive on Oct 24, 2014. The S8 is more popular, so it may have less negotiating room.

Original Price (with destination) - $113375
Dealer discount (10%) - <$11375>
Loyalty Discount for owning Mercedes - <$3000>

~6% lower then invoice.

Price: $99K (+9K in tax and fees)

-2015 A8 L Engine/Trim: 3.0 TDI
-Exterior Color: Moonlight Blue metallic
-Interior: Nougat Brown Valcona leather Seats
-Package: Bang & OlufsenŽ Advanced Sound System with 19 speakers and 1,400 watts (Still under debate)
-Package: Two piece panoramic sunroof
-Package: Cold Weather package
-Package: Premium Package
-Package: Luxury package
-Package: Rear Seat Comfort package
-Package: Rear Seat Entertainment with dual 10" screens and DVD single slot (for the kids)
-Package: Sport plus package
-Package: Driver Assistance package
-Black Alcantara headliner
Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How do you turn the HUD off? Nobody knew how to disable it. Is it not possible?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Powerplayer,

Thanks for the input I'm going to shoot an offer across the bow and see where I end up. Will let you know how it goes. Am going to offer 115 with the expectation we end up at 117-118.

The depreciation curve on these things is so steep. The decision process is a bit like standing over the edge of a cliff and trying to decide whether to jump or not.

Am assuming that this 120k car in 36 months will be worth about 60k? Does that seem right. Sheesh.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

ikold,

Cool best of luck. Basically all I did was email all the internet dealers around my area (4) and told them the configuration of the A8 and the best offer I could offer. 2 of them tried to BS me into a available car. I even told each one of them that I was shopping around at other dealers.

I assume your S8 is a custom order, the wait time is 3 months, be prepared.

As for the depreciation I agree, however I am coming from 3 Mercedes (SL500, S430 and S550) every car depreciates as soon as you take it off the parking lots. Granted the the curve is steeper on the Audi. This is my first Audi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S8 Pricing