A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 S8 Ordered and some questions...

Old 09-05-2015, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PS - you'll have an S8; I think "pace of mind" is reasonable :-)
Old 09-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jay congrats on the new S8 order. I am biased as I just picked up my 2015 S8 a few months ago, but for me there is no better ride out there. Brings a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel.
Sounds like you made great choices with your option selection. You won't be sorry with the Vermont brown Full leather. I had only seen it in pictures when I ordered mine and it is stunning in person.
Traded up from an A7 that had both night vision and the B&O and I too passed on the night vision option for the S8 - I never used it at all until right before I placed my order just to see if it was worth it - and it wasn't. I did get the B&O again mainly because I had grown used to it in the A7, however, it sounds like you made a good choice for yourself. Had I never heard or had the B&O, I'm sure the Bose would have suited. Also depends on what you listen to - I find the satellite radio music almost intolerable because the low quality is heightened on the B&O. Bottom line is you are getting an outstanding, enjoyable, and pleasantly understated car - enjoy!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the order! Now if you end up getting those 20's and want to sell the 21's im your customer! Could always send you my 20's as well as some cash. Albeit there not in the greatest shape possible lol.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It looks like I might change the order to a S7 fully loaded. My wife likes the shape of the S7 better than the S6/S8 and drives like a family sedan instead of a limo. She thought the S8 was a bit too big. Oh well.. I know I will be happy with the S7 and the 4 seat configuration works for us..we will see what happens. Need to make a decision next week.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, have you considered the RS7? Car and Driver adored it when they had it.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Jack

We did consider the RS7 but thought that it was a bit extreme for a daily driver. We wanted a sporty luxury car and not a luxurious sports car. We have a F430 for our adrenalin fixes and a Range Rover Sport for the serious inclement weather driving trips. Just needed a family sedan that is comfortable for 4, AWD, and not too boring to drive. The S7 that I drove seemed to satisfy our needs. We made some compromises on the quality of the interior as it was nowhere near the S8 interior quality but was not too bad. Saved some $$$ which was not a bad thing. I have since changed my order to an S7 (loaded except night vision) and hope to get it by the end of the year.

We can always get an S8 down the road if the S7 for some reason disappoints us. Can't think of any reason why it would.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Jim

You will totally love your new S8..... Its a very fast car and it looks great. The optional wheels for the $250 are nice; They are 275 instead of 265 stock. Same 21 in wheels, but wider.

I am an Audiophile guy and I got a chance to listen to both the stock bose and the B&O. It help me make my decision to go for the upgrade and I got the B&O.

Regardless, you will love your new S8. One thing..... Its very fast. Enjoy it

Louis

Originally Posted by Jay-S8
Hi All,

My name in Jay and I am in the Pacific Northwest. We are in the process of acquiring a family sedan and decided that the S8 would be the ideal vehicle for us with excellent performance and comfort. This car would be used as a daily driver as well as our highway vehicle of choice for trips. We also have a Range Rover Sport which we could use if we needed more luggage space. We really liked the S8 both for its size (NWB) and it performance.

We have ordered a 2016 S8 with the following options :

Moonlight Blue
Audi Design Vermont Brown interior
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance
21" 5 Arm Rotor in Titanium finish

We passed on the B&O and night vision. The interior combo was more important to us than these options, so we ordered the Audi Design interior with the full leather package in Vermont Brown. Music in our cars has always played second fiddle to performance/comfort as I am yet to come across a system that performs with similar imaging/tonality/fidelity like our dedicated 2 channel system at home. Cars are not just the right environment for a hifi system IMO. As long as it plays music with decent fidelity, the BOSE would probably be Ok for us.

Any thoughts on the order?

I do have a question on the wheel/tires. It looks like the only option on the S8 is 21" wheels with summer tires. This would not work for us in the Pacific Northwest. I would like to run high performance all seasons year round. I have used the Continental DWS in our other cars and have been really happy with its performance. However, they do not make one in the 21" wheel size.

What options do I have? I do not mind stepping down to a 20" wheel if it would open up more choices for all seasons. Is there any performance downgrade going from 21" to 20"? Do any 20" wheels fit the S8? I really like the Galvano wheels that come with the A8 4.0T Sport model. It could be an option.

If anyone has been through this issue before, please point me in the right direction. Search for 20" fitment to the new 2016 S8 did not come up with any threads.

Much appreciated. Hope to stick around and discuss once I get the car. The wait is going to be pretty painful. Oh well...

Cheers,
Jay.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello all, we have this clean 2016 S8+ for sale here in Ausitn TX with about 31K miles. Audi exclusive Matte floret silver
https://www.audinorthaustin.com/used...7ddaa8f7c2.htm
Old 05-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Super-Duper User

Received 485 Likes on 386 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/classifieds-200/
The following users liked this post:
corbinaudiATX (05-07-2021)