A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Not Quite Right Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default A8 Not Quite Right Today

My A8L isn't quite behaving today, not sure why. It's done two odd and I would assume unrelated things today.

First, I put it in sport and took off from a traffic light today, no reason, just hadn't done so for a while. When it was supposed to make the 1-2 shift, it hung on to first for a second(and I do mean a full second) at the top of the rev range before shifting while I still had my foot all the way in it. I wasn't able to later duplicate this, wondering if anyone else has had it do this.

Second, the radio cut out entirely, FM, AM, SD card, and Hard drive all produced only the occasional pop or two. After letting it try to sort itself out for a bit, I hard booted the system and some or all of the driver's side speakers came on but not one on the passenger side, confirmed by adjusting settings. After going through checking fuses and the forums, the car sat for an hour or so, and when I went to check it again, there was a single soft pop and the speakers all started working as normal.

I'm a little concerned, if I'm being honest. The car is soon to be going in for it's 55,000 mile service, but I don't see these being maintenance issues. I'm quite stumped, in fact.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to replace the battery in my just recently. It did not pass the load test. It was showing no signs of failure but the dealer told me if it goes bad all sorts of funky and wonky stuff like this happens.