A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC and Audi Braking Guard Unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Thinking about it more I suppose it's also possible reviewers had a preproduction version that had adjustability that didn't make it to production. Or my memory is poor.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
Thinking about it more I suppose it's also possible reviewers had a preproduction version that had adjustability that didn't make it to production. Or my memory is poor.
If true, that's unfortunate - That adjustments didn't make it to production, not your poor memory. :-)

I find the Audi lane assist can make the steering feel loose and "squirrely" when it's warning me. I make a point of turning it off during highway driving but tolerate it in the city. My previous Mercedes also had this feature and it felt more like a clear nudge. MMI lane assist adjustments might improve how drivers benefit from this feature (though I don't recall if the Mercedes COMAND offered any options either).
Old 03-26-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U111300 error message

Hello everybody,

Last year I had the windshield replaced on a A6 with ACC after it was cracked by a stone.

After that I had some problem with the system and some error messages while driving which dissappeared after some time.

The ACC not reacting the right way, (for example reacting way too late), was solved by calibration at the Audi dealer.

The other problem, a lot of seamingly inexplicable error messages, kept displaying. I don't have the exact error messages right now, but they were related to ACC and speed sign recognitioning.

When I read the modules of the car wtih and OBD scanner looking for errors, in several modules I could find the code: U111300. I erased the code and drove the car, but it kept coming back.

Last weekend I have replaced the shark fin antenna on the roof after getting even more messages about traffic sign recognition not being available and while starting the car, that the lights were ajusted for driving on the left side of the road.

​​​​​​This was weird, because I live in the Netherlands, where we drive on the right side. Although a strange error, it gave me a clou and I looked at the map on the navigational system. It showed some location in England. , while I was driving in the Netherlands. This reminded me on a small gap on the antenna which was there since I bought the car. The antenna had a little gap between the plastic peice and the rubber it sits on and this allowed the water to get in. This water had come in and damaged the antenna with a faulty signal as a result.

I replaced the antenna and everything works fine now, without any strange error messages.

While replacing the antenna and reading the modules with an OBD scanner I got the error U111300 on several modules, like the ACC, Camera, and some others. When I connect the new properly working antenna no codes appeared. When disconnecting it and running the diagnosis again, I got the code back again.

I wanted to share this information with you so if you are troubleshooting error U111300 don't forget to check that your shark fin antenna for GPS and radio signal works correctly.

Hope this helps you!

Bye!