A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice

Currently own 2014 Q7 and have long admired A8. Was offered new 2015 A8 3.0T Havana Black / Nougat Brown with Premium and Driver Assistance packages (MSRP $86400) for $63900 purchase price plus tax/etc (including AFS incentive of $3K). Not a demo (45 miles on odometer). OTD price of $67K and change. I elected not to do it because trade value will likely be $3K short of what I owe on Q7.

It's a beautiful car and am having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thoughts over walking away from the deal.

Please chime in....
Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

They seem to be offering a sweetheart deal on the car to try to clear out excess inventory to make room for the new models. That's not a bad price for a new 3.0T, not bad at all. The 2016 won't see much change, if any. It's an excellent automobile, there's nothing wrong with the deal you've been offered. Ask the dealer if you can have the car for a weekend to make up your mind, I'm sure they will allow it. I've never tried it with a car of that caliber, but it's a good way to decide whether or not it's worth it to you.

If you're hesitation to turn it away is because you are concerned you won't find a deal like this again, don't worry. If you have patience and a little flexibility, you can always find a good deal.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

FWIW, I noticed looking around at many dealer sites for a very specific set of exterior and interior colors, there are a lot of D4's around on dealer lots, scattered around in both bigger and smaller markets. Actually, kind of a whole lot was my impression. Also quite a few 2015's still on top of easily found 2016's, or at least so it seems. Saw a 2015 locally in a 4.0T LWB that had a big preemptive sale price haircut by one dealer as another example.

Almost no changes between the years since 2015 was the face lift, other than the 15HP nominal bump on the 4.0T A8, no more A8 SWB, and looks like solar roof got nixed. There are some credits for common option packages for at least the 2016's that cuts effective price, so be sure to roll those in if comparing. They also cut the loyalty discount back for cash buyers some in recent months, though with TDI mess and as better weather selling season winds down, stay tuned.