A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioned seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioned seats?

My car came with massage and air conditioned seats. The massage is wonderful, not just on the passenger seat but the driver seat as well. Loved it on my drive from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale.

However, as the weather went from minus temps to high 70s I couldn't 'feel' the air conditioning in the seats. Is there a button you have to turn on or something?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know about "air conditioned" but mine are ventilated. The switch is just above the seat heater button on my '15 S8.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks very much. Pressed the button and it sure felt cold to me pretty quick...in 80 degree weather...so much so we had to turn it off on both the driver and passenger sides. Cool!

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Don't know about "air conditioned" but mine are ventilated. The switch is just above the seat heater button on my '15 S8.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrshift
Thanks very much. Pressed the button and it sure felt cold to me pretty quick...in 80 degree weather...so much so we had to turn it off on both the driver and passenger sides. Cool!
The ventilated seats make a huge difference in warm weather. They are not truly "air-conditioned" but they are very efficient. I have an SUV that does have true air-conditioned seat vents and they actually get TOO cold especially with shorts.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What makes you say this?
Originally Posted by BigBoy11
They are not truly "air-conditioned"
Old 03-14-2015, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by zedbyers
What makes you say this?
The ventilation in the seats is not intergrated with the a/c. If you read the owners manual or website information, all the refernces say heated and ventilated seats but I have never seen a reference to air conditioned seats. Going to take someone a lot more technically inclined than me to tell you more! 😄
Old 03-14-2015, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zedbyers
What makes you say this?
I am pretty sure it is much as my Porsche and Lexus. The seat ventilation just consists of a fan that blows (Lexus) or sucks (Porsche) ambient air through the holes in the seat cushions. There is no duct work connecting the seats to the air conditioning.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

The ventilation only provides as much cooling as the ambient air. I find it useful to run in conjunction with the heated seat, to prevent sweating when you're trying to sooth a sore back. The massage is excellent, as well.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
The ventilation in the seats is not intergrated with the a/c. If you read the owners manual or website information, all the refernces say heated and ventilated seats but I have never seen a reference to air conditioned seats. Going to take someone a lot more technically inclined than me to tell you more! 😄
thanks. i assumed that they were based on my prior experience with other car makers. i has not been warm enough for me kick on the seats just yet (i have been away from the house for a while though, and when i get back it will be in the high 80s if not low 90s). so i don't have a lot of experience with Audi's seats. ventilated may be just right though, as the other makes that i am pretty sure were A/C were a bit too cold for me.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The actual air conditioned seat everyone is talking about is a Peltier device and I think certain Cadillac seats have them such as the DTS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

Quick Reply: Air Conditioned seats?