A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bang & Olufsen vs stock Bose.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I see a number of people on this thread knocking the standard Bose system. I'm not sure why, in it's own right it's a very good system. I've had it produce clear sound throughout the range without issue. That said, the B&O is the best system ever put in a car, taking it to another level entirely. I will mirror what has already been said, if you're going to pop for the B&O system, you better have the double insulated glass and Alcantara headliner.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Jack. The S8 I'm considering is a factory demo, so don't have much of a choice, but fortunately it has the B&O and double glazing option. Unfortunately it does not have the Alcantara headliner, but the optional "Headliner fabric, black".
Old 04-14-2015, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
That said, the B&O is the best system ever put in a car, taking it to another level entirely.

Good for an OEM system? Certainly.

Best ever in a car? Not even close.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't think I needed to specify "production car," given that factory equipment is never truly the best that exists. With that in mind, is there a better system in a regular production car I'm forgetting?
Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think there is.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not try B&O, but did HK, Bose and Burmester. I have stereo Bose in Buick Enclave. For me, stereo in Buick is the best. For my wife too. For my child too.

Where is problem?

Surround is not for music, it is for movie. Have you ever been in center of some concert? No, you were in front of players, not in center.

On the other hand, you have only 2 ears, not 6 or 8.

There is no any feeling of dynamic in surround. You put max volume, still nothing. There is no dynamic.

I think it is impossible to turn in stereo today, all of them is surround?
Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

It is interesting that we are comparing B&O vs. Bose here. You came here to share your opinion with us, yet you haven't even heard it in real life.

No one is saying that Bose is bad - on the contrary, it's very good. Burmester is also very, very good. HK is more of a middle class, but still nice. But the truth is not one of those systems have the clarity of the B&O, at least if we're talking of the expensive one in the A8. I haven't heard the cheap ones in the likes of A3/A4.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VentsiBeast
It is interesting that we are comparing B&O vs. Bose here. You came here to share your opinion with us, yet you haven't even heard it in real life..

What could be so different between B&O and Burmester? I do not talk about surrounds, I am talking about stereo and surround.

Everybody knows(except some "audiophile") that stereo is for music and surround for movie. If you want to throw away money, it is up to you.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey, if people enjoy it, it's not throwing money away. Music in surround provides a different experience than music in stereo. An experience I and many others find more enjoyable. I don't know if I care what format it's meant to be heard in, as long as I enjoy it how I do hear it.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zstoja
What could be so different between B&O and Burmester? I do not talk about surrounds, I am talking about stereo and surround.

Everybody knows(except some "audiophile") that stereo is for music and surround for movie. If you want to throw away money, it is up to you.
I don't think getting a superior sound system (stereo) its trowing money away. Its what one likes and one wants. I have heard the stock bose and the B&O and there is no paralleling sound. Bose has good base response, clear mids and ok highs. The B&O has much better base response and clear. B&O has Lower distortion and a complete sound. You can't compare bose to B&O just like you can't compare to a Burmester.
Burmester its in a class by itself, and its one of the best amps out there.

I have a Burmester 909MK5 Amp and love it.

I can get technical and talk about all of the components, cables and quality of housing use for the speakers here, but the truth is the B&O its much better than your bose.

Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen vs stock Bose.