A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bang & Olufsen vs stock Bose.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
actually, the A8 audio system does have an on/off button. When you get into the cabin, before even starting the car, Push the round dial in the center console just above the word "Tone". The Monitor will flip up and the sound system will come on. Push the same dial again and the Monitor Flips back in and the sound system shuts off
Yeah, but does it stay off next time you start the car?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad I read all of these threads. For me it was a very easy deccision to upgrade to the B&O. what a HUGE difference from the Bose.

I love music and fast cars and the S8 gives you both.

Love everything about this car.

Originally Posted by LouisM27
I have couple of weeks to make any changes to my order S8. One of them was the Bang & Olufsen over the Bose.

Is it worth the $6,300 for the upgrade or the stock radio good enough?

I can also get a nice focal sound system, but that would mean having an third party messing with the car.

PS the Focal system runs around $5,000 with installation

Thank you,
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For me, I'd gladly spend the $6k just to NOT have the "Hose" system, and get a stellar upgrade as a bonus.

No contest.
YMMV.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I couldn't agree more. I'm also getting the B&O system.
Much, much better than the Hose system..

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
For me, I'd gladly spend the $6k just to NOT have the "Hose" system, and get a stellar upgrade as a bonus.

No contest.
YMMV.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The B&O option was the best decision I made when I purchased my 2012 Audi Q5 premium plus model. Excellent sound and clarity. Don't even think about just order the option you will thank me later. As a matter of fact I inquired with a high end aftermarket car audio shop about the quality of the Audi B&O setups & he answered they are excellent and worth the money.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you,

I did end up ordering the B&O and can't to have it in my car.

Originally Posted by Motor Head
The B&O option was the best decision I made when I purchased my 2012 Audi Q5 premium plus model. Excellent sound and clarity. Don't even think about just order the option you will thank me later. As a matter of fact I inquired with a high end aftermarket car audio shop about the quality of the Audi B&O setups & he answered they are excellent and worth the money.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor Head
The B&O option on the Q5 is around $1K and few would argue it's not worth the upgrade. The B&O for the A8/7/6 is $6K+, which tends to make the debate a little more heated.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
The B&O option on the Q5 is around $1K and few would argue it's not worth the upgrade. The B&O for the A8/7/6 is $6K+, which tends to make the debate a little more heated.
Correct. $6000 was about the equipment cost for my complete aftermarket system, and I can absolutely assure you that my system blows any factory system out of the water, including any B&O.

The only reason to pay for the B&O is if you have any reservations about doing an aftermarket system.
You will get better sound for equal money by going with a high-quality aftermarket system. Period.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Correct. $6000 was about the equipment cost for my complete aftermarket system, and I can absolutely assure you that my system blows any factory system out of the water, including any B&O.

The only reason to pay for the B&O is if you have any reservations about doing an aftermarket system.
You will get better sound for equal money by going with a high-quality aftermarket system. Period.
My A8L which has the B&O system is having it's 25,000 mile service and the loaner that I have has the regular sound system and if you really want to appreciate the B&O system, have to live without it for a while. Incredible system and yes a pricy option but worth every penny to me.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What type sound system do you have? That its so much better than the B&O?

Originally Posted by subterFUSE

Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen vs stock Bose.