A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beginning the Search

Old 06-29-2016, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Beginning the Search

I've decided to seriously look for a D4 4.0t after driving one last weekend. The one I drove was nice but black on black wasn't my favorite. I'm not afraid to buy out of warranty for the right price but I'm willing to pay a little more for CPO. Looking to keep the price under $50k. I really like the Balao Brown Valcona/Balsamic Brown Natural Fine Grain Ash combo for the interior. Exterior I could live with Black but would prefer white or blue. I has to have cold weather package and Driver Assistance package. I would like to have Dynamic package, Night vision assistant, and Rear Seat Comfort package in that order. I'm looking on all the usual online sites and I have found a few with some options but not all. If anyone happens to come across my "unicorn" A8L let me know.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Good luck, bud. Let me know if I can look at one for you over here.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Audi dealer I bought from has several non-black cars now. Even a gray 4.0T that is loaded for less than 50k. The cars they typically have are cherry, even if they do not show as CPO. They either sell or flip them within a month or so, so act fast if see one at this dealer.

For my own fun, I looked at the Audiusa site for CPO inventory. There is not much listed based on a Chicago center vs a Washington DC center. Your tag says Montana, so I am assuming you are going to need to travel to the east coast to find your ride.

Used Luxury Cars at Rockville Audi | Used Car Dealer in Maryland, Serving Washington DC
Old 06-30-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow, not a single A8 on the lot at my dealer in the chicago suburbs...
Old 06-30-2016, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

found one... Certified Audi Cars Highland Park: Audi Exchange | Near Chicago, Naperville & Schaumburg area
Old 06-30-2016, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$45k for a 2012 is pricey.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

agreed. i paid $48k last year for my 2013 but it's a V6 so...
Old 06-30-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by OhNoMrBill
The Audi dealer I bought from has several non-black cars now. Even a gray 4.0T that is loaded for less than 50k. The cars they typically have are cherry, even if they do not show as CPO. They either sell or flip them within a month or so, so act fast if see one at this dealer.

For my own fun, I looked at the Audiusa site for CPO inventory. There is not much listed based on a Chicago center vs a Washington DC center. Your tag says Montana, so I am assuming you are going to need to travel to the east coast to find your ride.

Used Luxury Cars at Rockville Audi | Used Car Dealer in Maryland, Serving Washington DC
That is a great price! B&O, rear seat entertainment, etc Plus it's a CPO. It will be a good deal for someone. I can't handle the gray interior. Seems like DC area might be someplace to keep an eye on. I was hoping maybe Portland or Seattle area but there are few there and prices are higher. I am prepared to travel as far as needed for the right car. Besides what better way to get to know your new car than a 2000 mile road trip?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Good luck w/ search. Take your time for the right one. And time is on your side. Figure soberly (for owners) around ⅓ (!) depreciation to go by time the D5's land here.

FWIW, the two sites I found more cars than elsewhere were of course Autotrader, and also CarGurus. Then there is CraigsList; typically what I found was in my own metro market, but sometime elsewhere when you get into a low volume spec. I used the Search Tempest tool to reach across local CL areas; there are some others I think too.

Since you want Balao Brown, that gives you an unusual word to each on and narrow down results ("Balao"). In my case I was looking for Vermont Brown, and I found "Vermont" similarly narrowed mine. Sometimes I also searched on "Exclusive," both because either interior is an "Audi Exclusive" interior and because sometimes I would find one off custom ordered cars. Those often seemed tied to a Michigan history; my guess was they were Audi USA show or exec vehicles.

BTW, in looking at an Audi Exclusive interior w/ the Balao Brown, you also have a greater chance of finding your option goodies, since those cars are more likely to be optioned up. Finding Night Vision was the hardest one for me.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't actually seen this car, but in my Dealership CPO List:

2014 A8L 4.0T Phantom/Black - Lux/Prem/Driver Assist/Cold Weather - 6730 Miles
$60,990

Matt Reese
Sales
Audi of Beaverton Oregon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beginning the Search