A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brief Rant....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brief Rant....

Just a brief rant.

Had my car in for service.

New tires.

Alignment.

Steering wheel now off by 5 degrees.....

Pisses me off when the screw these things up. There is no hard point for centering the steering wheel, just an EYEBALL done by blind mechanic. Called the dealer to report. No call back. Called again.....finally got "I'll look into it," no call back. Emailed AOA, no reply.

Bottom line, I am heading back to BMW.

1. Dealer in town.

I am tire of driving hours to an Audi dealer for service only to have them screw things up. Simple things.

I had the same issue with my RS6 after an alignment. It's off by 2 degrees. No big deal but still not right.....

End Rant...

Mike
Old 08-26-2014, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
Steering wheel now off by 5 degrees.....
That's right on the edge of causing havoc with all the systems like lane assist due to steering angle sensor...

If I didn't have the superb dealer I have so close by, I'd think twice about too.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is totally uncalled for. Screw a call I would show up!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BMW dealer returned my car unwashed with $2000 in hail damage and just dropped it off in the driveway and took off. "You know that we wouldn't intentionally do that" was their reply when I called. BMW USA says sorry about your luck but each franchise is independently owned. I'm done with BMW.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

my alignment cost me $400 from audi b/c of the ACC or something...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the reasons I came back to Audi was the horrible service and attitude I got from my local BMW dealer. I did however find BMW USA reasonable to work with provided I ranted at them enough for them to understand that I wasn't going to go away quietly.

We all expect top class treatment for our $100K shiny metal babies, if you can't get that from your local dealer, then shame on them, and you should feel no angst about going to where you get the right service.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sub-Par Dealers

Fact of the matter is that a sub-par dealers exist is in every franchise.

HOWEVER, they are judged heavily by their CSI. If they keep screwing up, not only will they eventually loose the franchise, the service advisor and service manager will loose bonuses, raises and will come under close supervision from the regional service manger.

Moral of the story, keep complaining, it will produce results eventually, not to mention lose of business from word-of-mouth complaints to friend and associates.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nabizzy
my alignment cost me $400 from audi b/c of the ACC or something...
I recently had my car align at the recommendation from my SR when I replaced my tires because of a pothole. But it didn't cost me $400 for it. There are 2 types of alignment with cars that have ACC, which mine does. He offered both to me and I chose to do the cheaper one as I could not see the ACC being effected by hitting a pothole. When they align everything that is when it gets to be real expensive. I told him if I have problems I would return and get the ACC alignment taken care of.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you can have issues with any brand. But a dealer 10 minutes away is a lot easier to drop by with a complaint. BMWs have gotten ugly that's why I first went to Audi. But I'll be dammed if I'll go back and forth an hour out of my way for "service" again. There is a dealer an hour and a half south of me who reportedly will pick up your car for service and leave a loaner but only if you bought the car there.

Oh well. It's a minor problem in life. Maybe ISIS will open up a local camel dealership.

Mike
Old 08-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yeah but......

Yeah but consider the vet and food expenses, not to mention the exhaust byproduct. And no AC.
Makes the dealership sound like a good option.

"Oh well. It's a minor problem in life. Maybe ISIS will open up a local camel dealership."