A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing music tracks and radio stations on steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing music tracks and radio stations on steering wheel?

For the life of me, I've monkeyed around the steering wheels menus but can't seem to figure out how to change music tracks or change radio stations from the steering wheel.

Seems like a safety hazard if Audi expects us to lift one hand off the wheel everytime we want to adjust music/radio.

Anyone know if there's a way to manage music through steering wheel?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The_Capt
For the life of me, I've monkeyed around the steering wheels menus but can't seem to figure out how to change music tracks or change radio stations from the steering wheel.

Seems like a safety hazard if Audi expects us to lift one hand off the wheel everytime we want to adjust music/radio.

Anyone know if there's a way to manage music through steering wheel?
Use left/ right arrows on left side of steering wheel to move to radio or whatever type of music you are listening to - it will switch on center of dash between tach and speedometer. Then use wheel below the left/ right arrows to scroll up or down to the radio station or cd track or Sirius station that you want. Push wheel inwards towards dash to select station /track, etc

Last edited by mjfloyd1; 08-05-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the tip, but it seems that doesn't apply to bluetooth connected audio. I primarily use Pandora or my iPhone streaming music.....that audio menu on the steering wheel just displays the info for current track playing, but doesn't allow you to scroll or change tracks.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the tip, but it seems that doesn't apply to bluetooth connected audio. I primarily use Pandora or my iPhone streaming music.....that audio menu on the steering wheel just displays the info for current track playing, but doesn't allow you to scroll or change tracks.

This
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ravill
This
Old 08-06-2015, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't get any steering wheel control to change/forward tracks on my blue tooth connected iPhone either.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry I didn't realize that you meant iPhone streaming music or pandora. I gave instructions for am/fm radio and cd .
Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
Sorry I didn't realize that you meant iPhone streaming music or pandora. I gave instructions for am/fm radio and cd .
Roger that. I take it there's no way to control tracks via BT audio.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Roger that. I take it there's no way to control tracks via BT audio.
Maybe Siri can control it or use voice command via iphone????
Old 08-16-2015, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It's a poorly designed interface that's for sure. Only way I've found to make it work on my s8 is to hit the voice command button the right side of steering wheel and say "next track". This will move forward one track. It's annoying and takes too long so I just reach to the audio control button press it. Coming from BMW m5 that had clearly usable forward and back buttons this is hard to get used to. Oh well 1st world problems

Quick Reply: Changing music tracks and radio stations on steering wheel?