A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but would adding the APR downpipes enhance the exhaust note at all?
Old 12-09-2016, 02:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy K
Not to hijack the thread, but would adding the APR downpipes enhance the exhaust note at all?

The APR pipes eliminate the factory cats, so yes.. definitely will be louder... I would love to do it too but I hear that warranty would be in jeopardy and dealers are really picky about warranty issues....

APR Cast Downpipe Exhaust System for the 4.0 TFSI

There is a video of a white S7 4.0T for a sound example...
Old 11-12-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have ordered the lower bumper and rear diffuser with trim strip for an S8. I plan on paint matching to my A8 and then replacing the existing mufflers with something a little louder and then capping it all off with some nice dual tips in carbon fiber. BTW I already have Stage one APR on the car. The existing exhaust note is just too quiet!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevereddy
I have ordered the lower bumper and rear diffuser with trim strip for an S8. I plan on paint matching to my A8 and then replacing the existing mufflers with something a little louder and then capping it all off with some nice dual tips in carbon fiber. BTW I already have Stage one APR on the car. The existing exhaust note is just too quiet!
I have a stage 1 on my S8 with the mid resonator removed. Sounds alot better with the valves open now. I posted up a vid in the exhaust analysis thread.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

FWIW, on S8's make sure you open the windows and/or let someone else do a drive by. The acoustic glass and noise cancellation features knock out way more sound than you may realize. Simply tooting the horn windows up vs. windows down demonstrates it. As in, more nice sounds even pure stock than I thought at first--once the exhaust has some miles on it.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
FWIW, on S8's make sure you open the windows and/or let someone else do a drive by. The acoustic glass and noise cancellation features knock out way more sound than you may realize. Simply tooting the horn windows up vs. windows down demonstrates it. As in, more nice sounds even pure stock than I thought at first--once the exhaust has some miles on it.
For for sure. The Dual pane glass really cuts out the noise as well as having the sunroof shade pulled shut
Old 11-13-2017, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nabizzy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVn...3qdo1VHpw/feed

Changed all the video locations in case anyone wanted them.
cant get link to work buddy ☹️. Im interested in making mine louder too, i have the sports exhaust but think maybe catless downpipes are the way to go to get more sound.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tuddie
cant get link to work buddy ☹️. Im interested in making mine louder too, i have the sports exhaust but think maybe catless downpipes are the way to go to get more sound.
Here's mine
Old 11-14-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sounds ��
Old 02-05-2019, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nabizzy
So not that anybody cares, but I took out both the rear and one of the middle mufflers and straight piped in their place, and the car sounds like a monster. I am in love with it, but at the same time I can definitely see that it is not for everyone, and probably not for 99% of the people who have this car. Thanks all for your responses!
When you had the rear mufflers removed, did it cause any lights to illuminate on the instrument cluster? i.e. Did you have to have someone disable any warning lights or was it just a case of removing the mufflers without the need to hook it up to a diagnostics computer afterwards? I'm thinking of having my mufflers and resonator removed in the next couple of weeks but, want to get it right first time and want know the full process from start to finish. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Exhaust