A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally placed order for 2015 A8

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
I am 100% certain they are perfect, and you tell her that too
Hahahahah! I'd better 'cause I'm now working for her since my recent retirement! It's good to know the boss---I got a better title :-))
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
LOL, you should try to read my wife's texts :-))
How she explain her texts?. Lol
Old 09-17-2014, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by faithkeep
How she explain her texts?. Lol
Thinks I should be able to read her mind after being married 27 years :-)).
Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinks I should be able to read her mind after being married 27 years :-)).
LOL. Don't they all.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have not added sports package earlier. I am thinking to add it now after reading this post. will 20'' wheels and package itself will make ride noisy and uncomfortable?
Old 09-19-2014, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have not added sports package earlier. I am thinking to add it now after reading this post. will 20'' wheels and package itself will make ride noisy and uncomfortable?
Sports package gives you the rear sports differential and dynamic steering which adds a ton of stability to this big car's handling beyond just the wider tire footprint and lower/firmer sidewall of the 20" wheels alone. There appears to be no recalibration of the air suspension with this package, so ride quality is no different than if you just ordered the 20" wheel option. While I have not driven an A8 with the current sports package, I have done so with the 20" wheels, and found the ride quality to be very good, no real noticeable difference compared with my current 19" wheels. In effect, the variance in aspect ratio between the standard 19" and wider 20" tires amounts to a loss of about 4-tenths of an inch in sidewall height. Since I do keep my car's tire air pressure on the high side (around 39psi) in an attempt to avoid pothole damage, I expect I may sense a slightly harder ride due to a bit less sidewall cushioning on the 20's, but I'll live with that trade-off to get the benefits of the sports differential---and besides, the new sports package wheels look really cool 😜

Last edited by derfA8L; 09-19-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sports package gives you the rear sports differential and dynamic steering which adds a ton of stability to this big car's handling beyond just the wider tire footprint and lower/firmer sidewall of the 20" wheels alone. There appears to be no recalibration of the air suspension with this package, so ride quality is no different than if you just ordered the 20" wheel option. While I have not driven an A8 with the current sports package, I have done so with the 20" wheels, and found the ride quality to be very good, no real noticeable difference compared with my current 19" wheels. In effect, the variance in aspect ratio between the standard 19" and wider 20" tires amounts to a loss of about 4-tenths of an inch in sidewall height. Since I do keep my car's tire air pressure on the high side (around 39psi) in an attempt to avoid pothole damage, I expect I may sense a slightly harder ride due to a bit less sidewall cushioning on the 20's, but I'll live with that trade-off to get the benefits of the sports differential---and besides, the new sports package wheels look really cool 😜

Thanks. I tried to add it today but per dealer it is not possible as he tried to add it today. The only option is to put a new order but it will delay it for more than 2 months now. I got updated build sheet today. it was released for production on 9/18 (I think I missed by 1-2 days) and ship date is 10/16. port arrival is 11/1 and dealer delivery is 11/17. I think it might arrive at dealer in the 1st week of November.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks. I tried to add it today but per dealer it is not possible as he tried to add it today. The only option is to put a new order but it will delay it for more than 2 months now. I got updated build sheet today. it was released for production on 9/18 (I think I missed by 1-2 days) and ship date is 10/16. port arrival is 11/1 and dealer delivery is 11/17. I think it might arrive at dealer in the 1st week of November.
I suppose a case of bad news/good news. Too bad your build order got locked before you could get the change in, but...Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 😊
Old 09-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I suppose a case of bad news/good news. Too bad your build order got locked before you could get the change in, but...Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 😊
Yes, I agree. I think we will have to compare these 2 cars now (after arrival) as we have everything same except sports package. Lol
Old 09-19-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, I agree. I think we will have to compare these 2 cars now (after arrival) as we have everything same except sports package. Lol
Yeah, I'll be about 3/4 weeks behind you on delivery, as things stand right now. Remember, when your car arrives---YOU MUST POST PICS! Thems are da rules 😀

Quick Reply: Finally placed order for 2015 A8