A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Audi. Front plate question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a "wish I had one" moment on the cops part.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also in Texas and I never install front plates. So far so good on not getting any tickets. I did have an LEO stop me in a freeway U-turn lane (sting operation for checking for seat belts) and told me "that's why they give you 2 of them" but no ticket.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In which state do you live?
Old 08-11-2014, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live in Texas.
So far haven't been pulled over. I really prefer the look without it is I am gonna run it this way until I get ticketed.

Here's another question if someone has the answer. I went to AudiConnect and tried to register my SIM card. It takes my VIN but it says my SIM card is already registered. Is this because of the free google earth trial, or did my dealership give me a card registered to another car?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ForensicDoc
I went to AudiConnect and tried to register my SIM card. It takes my VIN but it says my SIM card is already registered. Is this because of the free google earth trial, or did my dealership give me a card registered to another car?

Thanks for the help.
The card is supposed to stay with the vehicle it came with.
There is a new AC site for the LTE enabled version, not for us.

My guess is you need to go here to configure Audi Connect https://www.myaudiconnect.com/ and here for destinations https://my2.audiusa.com/
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That may be an issue then. When I picked up the car there was no SIM card in it so the dealer went and got one to put in the car. I have been to the myaudiconnect website and it says the sim card is already registered.

Originally Posted by jakematic
The card is supposed to stay with the vehicle it came with.
There is a new AC site for the LTE enabled version, not for us.

My guess is you need to go here to configure Audi Connect https://www.myaudiconnect.com/ and here for destinations https://my2.audiusa.com/
Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That may be an issue then. When I picked up the car there was no SIM card in it so the dealer went and got one to put in the car. I have been to the myaudiconnect website and it says the sim card is already registered.

Took me a while, but I finally found this thread about the same issue.

The customer support number is (877) 505-AUDI (2834) Option 1, then 1 for non-A3
Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's another question if someone has the answer. I went to AudiConnect and tried to register my SIM card. It takes my VIN but it says my SIM card is already registered. Is this because of the free google earth trial, or did my dealership give me a card registered to another car?

Thanks for the help.
Been down this road already. I had bought a car that didn't have the sim card in it, so I bought one from another member. The card wasn't registered to me or my card for I contacted AoA to get help placing the sim card in my name and vin. In the end they needed to send me a new card that was registered to mu vin.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks again everyone for the info. Right now the dealership is looking into it. If they don't have figured out in a couple days I"ll call that number.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks again everyone for the info. Right now the dealership is looking into it. If they don't have figured out in a couple days I"ll call that number.
You are far more patient than I

Quick Reply: First Audi. Front plate question.