A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That's what I was afraid of, I'm not questioning the quality of your material but the 2015 D4 bumper is not any usual bumper, it may present some challenges based on its shape and most of the cars I've seen at the installer here are trucks, something way different....I will probably give him the bumper job and let's see if meets my expectations. On the other hand I'm a little disappointed by you statement stating that the warranty doesn't cover the installer error, if that's true then why is he qualified to install your product ?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just find and go to the place that does this in your local area. It's not more complicated than getting a tint job... really. They mess up on install, it will be on them and I'm talking from experience.

Originally Posted by tx170754
That's what I was afraid of, I'm not questioning the quality of your material but the 2015 D4 bumper is not any usual bumper, it may present some challenges based on its shape and most of the cars I've seen at the installer here are trucks, something way different....I will probably give him the bumper job and let's see if meets my expectations. On the other hand I'm a little disappointed by you statement stating that the warranty doesn't cover the installer error, if that's true then why is he qualified to install your product ?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

...but the 2015 D4 bumper is not any usual bumper, it may present some challenges based on its shape ...
Cars are cars at some point, especially when dealing with body parts generically. Take a look at many a current model appliance Toyota, or Hyundai, or Lexus, or so many others, and you will find a lot of stylistic flourishes front or back. Some pretty dumb to my eyes--like a lot of that list of late--but that beauty is in the eye of some owner beholder as it were. Those get PPF too, especially by a Lexus. Ditto on a way more curvy Tesla, where owners apparently spend a lot of $$ on both tint and PPF from the posts I see whenever I search a tint or PPF brand name.

What I heard basically from my tint and PPF guy was find someone who obviously knows the product being used. More than that though: someone who has experience in general, but also does it day in and day out. Thus a window film guy who does some PPF on the side would not be as good a choice as a guy who does PPF full time. Or, a separate professional in an overall decent sized shop who does all the PPF jobs.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 07-08-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Update: Thanks all for the comments. I have been in touch with area rep for Xpel- Xpel has responded in positive manor and is looking to help resolve the issue. The area rep has taken active involvement and communicated with original installer. Course of action is wanting me to take back to the installer who says he can do it correctly (3rd time is the charm?) and was unaware of any issue. Will keep you updated...
Old 07-09-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
Update: Thanks all for the comments. I have been in touch with area rep for Xpel- Xpel has responded in positive manor and is looking to help resolve the issue. The area rep has taken active involvement and communicated with original installer. Course of action is wanting me to take back to the installer who says he can do it correctly (3rd time is the charm?) and was unaware of any issue. Will keep you updated...
I would thinks he has a lot riding with Xpel on getting it right this time. Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
Glad that he was able to help! Please let us know if you need anything else, or let us know how it turns out
Old 07-28-2016, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Xpel job on my A8 front grill/bra

Hello everybody,
I've just had a, new to me, 2015 A8 4.0T, the car was a dealer loaner has very low mileage and it is in pristine condition. I'm looking to add a front clear bra but never had such thing on any of my cars, could somebody, please, share his/her experience with it. I was given a couple of quotes, between $ 380 and $600. The car will mostly be driven in town, it is white and I really hate to see my bumper damaged by small rocks.
Thanks
I've had it done to both of myA8's and they both cost around $600. In hindsight I can honestly say it isn't worth it unless you routinely drive over roads covered with gravel or small pebbles. You sound like the type of person that keeps his car in good shape anyways, you'll never notice the difference, frankly I'm sorry I wasted my money on the last time

I had it done, so save your money, it's just another gimmick.
Good luck.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for your input, in the meantime I've taken the chance and did it, the job they've done is simply amazing. I don't drive over roads covered with gravel but there are a lot of trucks where I live and, believe it or not, driving behind one of these is no fun...besides the fact that they always want to show you how fast is their toy...
Old 07-28-2016, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

All it takes is one rock kicked up by a truck and you have a chip. Then as the chip "measles" accumulate over time, you decide to spend $800-$1000 for a hood sanding and repaint. Two months later, another rock chip and so on... Even on a dry interstate, it can happen. Drive in the snow on sanded roads? Good luck. How long before a windshield gets peppered with all those small chips? Now imagine the front of the car.
Over four years with my full front Xpel Ultimate and not a single rock chip. You pays yer money or you takes yer chance.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I just bought a '13 A8L and i'm sure it probably has some small chips already(I haven't seen it in person yet). Can Xpel still be applied? I want to do something to stop any future damage.

Quick Reply: Front clear bra