A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front clear bra

Old 07-05-2016, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Front clear bra

Hello everybody,
I've just had a, new to me, 2015 A8 4.0T, the car was a dealer loaner has very low mileage and it is in pristine condition. I'm looking to add a front clear bra but never had such thing on any of my cars, could somebody, please, share his/her experience with it. I was given a couple of quotes, between $ 380 and $600. The car will mostly be driven in town, it is white and I really hate to see my bumper damaged by small rocks.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2016, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Do an AW global search for "Xpel Ultimate". Dozens of threads on film.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Ditto, excellent product. Probably set you back a bit more than $600 depending on what you have covered. I did the entire front, hood, lights, mirrors, door edges, rear quarter panels and back bumper under the trunk lid and it was about $2k total. 10 year warranty and nice part is if it gets a ding from a sharp object for instance, it "heals" itself. And unlike the 3M product, it is virtually invisible.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highly agree. Xpel Ultimate is THE best. Do the real wrap instead of precut computerized templates btw.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you
Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

highly like the XPEL product and I did quite a bit of research BUT make sure your installer is well qualified!! I currently have had local installer (who is on Xpel web site and has years of experience with other materials) try twice to install the product on my 2016 and both times it had water lines or runs that I am told are caused by stretching the material when installing. He tried to tell me that it is the hood line on the A8 that is causing the problem. Installer wont do anything more about it...so can you say I am kind of pissed off and looking for some recourse...
Old 07-06-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have XPEL on my front bumper, air dam, head lamps and entire hood. I highly recommend it. Mine was $400 for the hood (single sheet and minimal cutting) and $600 for the bumper, air dam and head lamps combined.

In retrospect I should have had the rear bumper done as well. After two years of dragging luggage in and out of the trunk and being bumped by people in parking lots, my rear bumper is a mess.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
highly like the XPEL product and I did quite a bit of research BUT make sure your installer is well qualified!! I currently have had local installer (who is on Xpel web site and has years of experience with other materials) try twice to install the product on my 2016 and both times it had water lines or runs that I am told are caused by stretching the material when installing. He tried to tell me that it is the hood line on the A8 that is causing the problem. Installer wont do anything more about it...so can you say I am kind of pissed off and looking for some recourse...
Definitely shouldn't have happened. Call Xpel at 800-447-9928. They've been very helpful to me in the past.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
I see your in Colorado, I live in Denver myself, what company did you go to? I want to make sure I don't go to them!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely shouldn't have happened. Call Xpel at 800-447-9928. They've been very helpful to me in the past.
thanks I sent them off an email and will follow up with a call

RW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front clear bra